Rumor: Sharks trying to move Brenden Dillon, there are a few teams with interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Braun is probably still more valuable than Dillon. he can munch 20-21 minutes, while Dillon is more in the 16-17 range. RHD is more scarce than LHD. Dillon is more a pure bottom pairing D, while Braun is more a 2/3 RD tweener.

Reactions: dood

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Depending on his cost as a one year rental, Jets might kick those tires.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Called it right after Karlsson signed. Both Braun and Dillon cap casualties. Hopefully the Sharks have the cheap young players to fit into #4 and #5 roles.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I think a deal with Dell and Dillion going to florida could happen, what do you guys have to offer?

Players not making alot that can play in the NHL right now would be great.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Would you do Roslovic for Dillon?

Really depends on the Jets strategy next year. They have Buff & Josh M under contract for the top 4. Myers is a non starter IMO, no interest in him. So there is currently two top 4 spots open possibly. Chariot has stated many times he wants to stay with the Jets, just depends on what his contract would look like....he’s coming off a 1.4 million per year and can play either side. He’s always played well with Buff. Could the Jets do Josh/Chariot and Dillon/Buff? Not sure, if they don’t sign Chariot they need two top 4 guys either via trade or FA or from within (Niku, Poolman, Pionk, Samberg, Stanley, Kulikov). They might be able to get away with one of those guys from within, but I think using two would be unrealistic in their top 4. I’m guessing Kulikov is about to be bought out or traded for cap room. Then we’re going to see two younger guys on the 3rd pairing or one teamed up with a cheap FA journeymen. IMO Jets likely sign Chariot and trade for a low profile non sexy cheaper top 4 guy like Dillion to fill the void for one year while the prospects develop within.

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
Bottom pairing defenseman for a good young player with top 6 center potential. Sounds pretty awful for the Jets who I'm by no means a fan of.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
D
Bottom pairing defenseman for a good young player with top 6 center potential. Sounds pretty awful for the Jets who I'm by no means a fan of.
Dillion is more like a top 4 D man. He doesn't provide a ton of offense but he hits hard and usally plays a solid defensive game. The cost of solid D men is high these days, thats just how the market is

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If they could tag Melker Karlsson or Aaron Dell with Dillon, I'd take like a 3rd or a 4th.

I would try and send Dillon and Melker to Buffalo for St. Louis’ 2nd round pick in 2021.

How is Roslovic valued? I thought he had fallen off pretty hard. Combine that with the rumors of a trade request (I know his ex-agent said they weren’t true), and I just kind of figured his value was in the range of a 2nd round pick.

PerimeterPlier

Mar 8, 2019
Cap and Doug Wilson forcing poor Pete DeBoer to wade into uncharted waters inch by inch? Always saw PDB as a guy who sticks to his trusty veterans for too long. Will be interesting to see if they just sign a walking corpse or two from UFA for pennies or if they will really promote some young guys. Merkley's not ready for NHL next year yet is he?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
My guess is teams like Buffalo, Montreal, and New Jersey kicking tires on Dillon since they could all use a LHD.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I wonder what he and Brodie are gonna go for, the market value on D has been set pretty low with the Subban deal.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Cap and Doug Wilson forcing poor Pete DeBoer to wade into uncharted waters inch by inch? Always saw PDB as a guy who sticks to his trusty veterans for too long. Will be interesting to see if they just sign a walking corpse or two from UFA for pennies or if they will really promote some young guys. Merkley's not ready for NHL next year yet is he?

Merkley is most likely not ready, but it also feels like from my very unprofessional opinion, that he’s done in the Ohl and if he goes back he might bust due to boredom and attitude issues.

So hopefully he has a great offseason and can surprise us at camp with some added bulk and maturity, because having him, Karlsson and Burns holding down the right side of our defense for the next few years atleast would be nice.

Joakim Ryan can hold down down a third pairing LD role for now, no reason to reach on an overpriced vet there. We also have a couple prospects that “might” be ready to play next year, so we probably don’t need to solve our bottom pair until sometime into the year if it’s clear none of our younger guys are gunna cut it.

Reactions: PerimeterPlier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad