Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Vladislav Kotkov to ELC

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Not from the scouting reports I've seen.

Was at the prospects game. He's slow, needs to work on his skating. Not awful or anything but he kinda fights it a little, needs to be more deliberate in his movements/stride. Shouldn't be too hard to correct and the kid is huge.

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
A little surprised at the signing of Kotkov ... I saw him play this year in the junior did not impressed me at all ... I'm surprised that the sharks signed after only a development camp ... good for him but as a European player who plays in the chl ... did not dominate this season.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
No risk to this signing. Better than guys already signed like Schoenborn and Martin that are in the system and there’s a lot of upside to his game if he gets the skating figured out.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I wonder how they decide in their 3rd round picks. Schoenborn was such a bad pick.

As they said in the draft video, anyone picked after (forget exactly where they said ha ha) is basically a lotto ticket even if it's a calculated lotto pick. With that in mind, if I were them, I would have a list of guys I want and pick them before I think they will get picked by someone else even if I think my later pick has a better chance of panning out.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I wonder how they decide in their 3rd round picks. Schoenborn was such a bad pick.
That was during the era of the face puncher in SJ. Signed John Scott, Mike Brown, and Burish in addition to drafting Rod and Schoenborn in the same draft. Good to see DW Jr. trying to get more upside picks now as opposed to safe AHL face punchers like Schoenborn, Mashinter, etc.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Wonder if they see this kid as a great offensive talent if only his skating wasn't holding him back from getting more scoring chances

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Wait so he was a big, skilled, but slow skating forward. Why wasn't he drafted by us? :sarcasm:

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I watched one of his highlight tapes showing each of his shifts, you can see the skill and wicked shot. A little clumsy at times and not a burner but for being his size Im impressed. Definitely not some big lumbering 4th liner. I could see top 9 winger potential down the road. Then again Im a hard core optimist.

Reactions: Lebanezer

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Could you imagine how awful we would be if we didn't have such a positive history with late rounders and EU/Undrafted free agents:

9th Overall-17th Overall-9th Overall
Trade (1st)-Trade (2x1st)-7th Round
EU FA-2nd Round-6th Round
EU FA-EU FA-EU FA
Undrafted FA

2nd-7th
7th-Trade (3x1st)
Trade-6th
EU FA

Trade (1st)
Undrafted FA

It's almost like Wilson has decided he needs to use his high picks to get the team's backbone, because he won't be able to draft them in the late 1st. Barring another Joe Thornton trade, the reign as consistent playoff team and frequent albeit middling contender, is likely coming to an end, but hats of to Wilson for building a team in a non-traditional sense. If we can stumble our way into a top 15 C, Wilson can probably pillage the Euro leagues and find a few more late rounders to get us back to contender status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->