Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Taylor Doherty for one year, two-way deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
The one year part is the interesting part. Clearly a 'last chance' contract.

Not necessarily.

The org still likes him and he has continued to improve every season.

It seems like a long shot at his point but there's still a chance he figures it out.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
Obviously converting him to a forward for sure. :handclap: Imagine him and Scott screening the goalie, holy moly.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
To make the NHL he would have to suddenly become a faster skater with better balance.

There's a whole lot more then just his skating (his balance is actually fine) that would need quite a bit of improvement if he wants to be an NHLer then just his skating.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
There's a whole lot more then just his skating (his balance is actually fine) that would need quite a bit of improvement if he wants to be an NHLer then just his skating.

Well I just disagree. His pivots are terrible. His primary problem is his skating.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Obviously converting him to a forward for sure. :handclap: Imagine him and Scott screening the goalie, holy moly.

I'm imagining a whole lot of pucks in our net.

Have you watched Chara screen a goaltender? Not remotely as effective as you'd think. Total waste. Screening the goaltender is pointless if you don't have the hands to tip. Goalies can see around players like Scott because height doesn't matter at all in screens.

I'm extremely disturbed by DW's comments on Doherty.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm imagining a whole lot of pucks in our net.

Have you watched Chara screen a goaltender? Not remotely as effective as you'd think. Total waste. Screening the goaltender is pointless if you don't have the hands to tip. Goalies can see around players like Scott because height doesn't matter at all in screens.

I'm extremely disturbed by DW's comments on Doherty.

They're too tall. Goalies can just look through their legs.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Well I just disagree. His pivots are terrible. His primary problem is his skating.

I think one of the reason why his pivots are so bad is because he literally has no puck anticipation at all. All he can do is react to what is actually happening as opposed to being able to predict where the puck will eventually end up and move accordingly.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I think one of the reason why his pivots are so bad is because he literally has no puck anticipation at all. All he can do is react to what is actually happening as opposed to being able to predict where the puck will eventually end up and move accordingly.

Yep.

His inability to read the play is his biggest issue. It screws up his angles, body and stick positioning, footwork, everything.

He's also still not good about using his size but I don't even care about that all that much.

If he could figure out how to think the game quickly the rest of his tools would be much more useful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad