Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Swedish Fredrik Handemark 1x$792.5k

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
From what Ive read he plays like Soderberg, big guy. Also his stats are bad because his team is awful

Are his stats bad? A guy who gets around .5-.6ppg in the SHL can generally expect about .2-.3ppg in the NHL, which is perfectly fine for a depth forward.

Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Are his stats bad? A guy who gets around .5-.6ppg in the SHL can generally expect about .2-.3ppg in the NHL, which is perfectly fine for a depth forward.
I think bad was the wrong word. His stats should be better. Like he was 10th highest in the league and couldve been closer to 3-4th with stronger teammates.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Very interesting player.
1) he is Malmo’s captain last three years;
2) the best in SHL on face-off in 2017/18 (62,8%) and in 2019/20 (61,5%);
3) league leader on PIM in 2018/19 with 91 penalty minutes.
Nice center for the 4th line.
Fredrik Händemark at eliteprospects.com
His skillset looks very similar with our prospect Zach Gallant

I like these attributes, we need more physical players that can play hockey
and he's a big dude!

Reactions: Groo

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
I wonder what this means for Gregor. I expected the 4th line center spot would be between him and Kellman, and they would find a way to fit Gregor into the lineup regardless.

Based on his usage at the end of the season with Kane and Couture, this makes me think that they are setting up to use Gregor and Labanc competing for the 2nd and 3rd RW spots, behind a free agent signing. I felt like Gregor played well, and had potential with that line, but he didn't produce as much as you would need a top 6 guy to. (Of course he has plenty of room to develop into it, but needs to be quick about it if this is the plan.)

That said, it may just be a case where a guy with potential was available to DW to sign, and he had an open contract so he took it, as a no risk move.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I wonder what this means for Gregor. I expected the 4th line center spot would be between him and Kellman, and they would find a way to fit Gregor into the lineup regardless.

Based on his usage at the end of the season with Kane and Couture, this makes me think that they are setting up to use Gregor and Labanc competing for the 2nd and 3rd RW spots, behind a free agent signing. I felt like Gregor played well, and had potential with that line, but he didn't produce as much as you would need a top 6 guy to. (Of course he has plenty of room to develop into it, but needs to be quick about it if this is the plan.)

That said, it may just be a case where a guy with potential was available to DW to sign, and he had an open contract so he took it, as a no risk move.
I dont think the org plans on Gregor being a center. The 4C will probably be between True, Hande and Kellman. Whereas Gregor might get put with Jumbo

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
I dont think the org plans on Gregor being a center. The 4C will probably be between True, Hande and Kellman. Whereas Gregor might get put with Jumbo
I guess that makes sense, especially with the severe lack of right handed forwards, but I feel like when Gregor was at center he was more comfortable pushing the play up the ice, where his speed is the strongest part of his game.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Seeing how the Grigorenko signing got vetoed by the league, this signing can't officially happen until the end of the season right?

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Does anyone else think that we might become a magnet for Swedish FA's? I don't know, I just have this feeling that Karlsson might be a big draw for guys coming over from the SEL. It makes sense to me that players would want to play with their countryman, especially an elite guy.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Boja

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Does anyone else think that we might become a magnet for Swedish FA's? I don't know, I just have this feeling that Karlsson might be a big draw for guys coming over from the SEL. It makes sense to me that players would want to play with their countryman, especially an elite guy.

I believe so. Plus, we have roster positions open for players that can come in
and make an impact.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Boja

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Maybe that's why they're paying Melker $2m a season: He's the FA lure.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think we have been for a while but paying attention around the league and there's been a significant uptick on euro FA signings in the last couple years. I don't think we're a stand out option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->