Recalled/Assigned: Sharks roster moves 2019-20: 3/7 Knyzhov and DeSimone recalled

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

I'm still not sure Halbgewachs is a future NHL player just completely due to his size, but he's playing the best hockey I've seen him play the last couple weeks. Call him up, why not. What's there to lose at this point?

Viel might at least add some entertainment value to the games down the stretch.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
At the rate things are going, the next time we get one of these updates it's going to be:

"When asked which Barracuda might be joining the Sharks, Bonneau mentioned all of them."

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So I assume Meloche is the guy that they'll put in the lineup in place of Dillon so now he gets a shot to prove that he deserves to stay there. If nothing else, this allows them to put Ferraro back on the left side as he pretty much hit a wall since being moved to the right side. Simek will likely get another chance with Burns to get back to where he was before his knee injury and honestly depending on where the team sees him and his knee, they may want to think about moving him as well. I don't know. Seems like they could only get a 4th or a 5th for him at this stage.

Simek-Burns
Vlasic-Heed
Ferraro-Meloche

That seems like the way to go. Middleton being in and pushing Ferraro again to the right side seems dumb when you're putting up the white flag for the season. Playing Ferraro where he should play and working around that makes the most sense to make his game better since they actually will need him regardless of moves next season.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
So I assume Meloche is the guy that they'll put in the lineup in place of Dillon so now he gets a shot to prove that he deserves to stay there. If nothing else, this allows them to put Ferraro back on the left side as he pretty much hit a wall since being moved to the right side. Simek will likely get another chance with Burns to get back to where he was before his knee injury and honestly depending on where the team sees him and his knee, they may want to think about moving him as well. I don't know. Seems like they could only get a 4th or a 5th for him at this stage.

Simek-Burns
Vlasic-Heed
Ferraro-Meloche

That seems like the way to go. Middleton being in and pushing Ferraro again to the right side seems dumb when you're putting up the white flag for the season. Playing Ferraro where he should play and working around that makes the most sense to make his game better since they actually will need him regardless of moves next season.
I’m fairly certain that Meloche will just sit. They trust Middleton

Reactions: The Ice Hockey Dude
Jul 10, 2010
I’m fairly certain that Meloche will just sit. They trust Middleton
well likely the case, id still be interested in seeing if Meloche has any untapped potential a the NHL level. I see his ceiling as higher than Middleton but with a lower floor. I seem to remember Avs fans saying he could be a decent 5-6 dman that can move the puck but is big enough to be physical.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Ferraro-Meloche really does seem like a pairing that would work on paper. I'd like to see it.

I'm also not expecting Meloche to play, but Boughner's surprised me with his usage of rookies before.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I literally just came back to ask about Roy. What's the deal? I've yet to see even a hint he's close to a call up.

He's now back in the Barracuda lineup after off and on healthy scratches, but it's because they are trying him out as a fourth line right wing.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
He's now back in the Barracuda lineup after off and on healthy scratches, but it's because they are trying him out as a fourth line right wing.

So he is useless and the team is trying to figure out a way to salvage a wasted pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->