Recalled/Assigned: Sharks roster moves 2019-20: 3/7 Knyzhov and DeSimone recalled

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Am I the only one not mad about this move? Brodzinski was only ever going to be the 12-14th forward with this team, and even if he's a slight improvement over one of Radil, Melker, Bergmann, Gambrell or Yurtaikin, that doesn't change. If he clears waivers, we keep him around and give him a chance to play more games than he watches down in the AHL. If he doesn't, he gets what'll hopefully be a better chance to stay up in the NHL. It's a player-friendly move that doesn't cost us hardly anything. Brodz was never gonna be the difference between making and missing the playoffs or winning or losing the Cup finals. If giving him a chance elsewhere makes it more likely for UFAs to trust the org to do right by them, great.

I'm not exactly mad or anything either. Brodzinski hasn't shown me much. He hasn't been bad, but hasn't been good either; he's kinda been...there.

Reactions: NWSharkie

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Am I the only one not mad about this move? Brodzinski was only ever going to be the 12-14th forward with this team, and even if he's a slight improvement over one of Radil, Melker, Bergmann, Gambrell or Yurtaikin, that doesn't change. If he clears waivers, we keep him around and give him a chance to play more games than he watches down in the AHL. If he doesn't, he gets what'll hopefully be a better chance to stay up in the NHL. It's a player-friendly move that doesn't cost us hardly anything. Brodz was never gonna be the difference between making and missing the playoffs or winning or losing the Cup finals. If giving him a chance elsewhere makes it more likely for UFAs to trust the org to do right by them, great.
I don't really have a problem with it but seems like questionable asset management.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
anyone see Chekhovich in the barracuda this year? How’s he look?
Its been 1 game where we got our asses handed to us. I think Check looked so good in training camp and pre-season. I guess whatever a lot of us see in Chek, the management does not because they chose to sign Patty (who could have been signed at a later time as well) instead of giving Chek a few games in the NHL.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Its been 1 game where we got our asses handed to us. I think Check looked so good in training camp and pre-season. I guess whatever a lot of us see in Chek, the management does not because they chose to sign Patty (who could have been signed at a later time as well) instead of giving Chek a few games in the NHL.

More so they signing Patty the mor epuzzling thing is they could have both.

Patty and Chek, which is what i was hoping for in addition to another true top 6 to help with the scoring punch.

Meier Couture Krieder/Labanc
Kane Hertl Krieder/Labanc
Marleau jumbo Chek
Sorenson Goodrow melker

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
More so they signing Patty the mor epuzzling thing is they could have both.

Patty and Chek, which is what i was hoping for in addition to another true top 6 to help with the scoring punch.

Meier Couture Krieder/Labanc
Kane Hertl Krieder/Labanc
Marleau jumbo Chek
Sorenson Goodrow melker

Yeah. I mean they had all the time to re-sign Patty before the season. They refused to do so but put faith in the kids. I get that. But why was Chek not one of the kids. That is the part I don't understand. Specially after what he showed in training camp and pre-season.

I was actually all in favor of re-signing Patty to a league minimum even before the season started. But I wanted Check to get a fair shake at earning the top-6 spot. He never ever got the chance and the re-signing of Patty after 4 games looks like a panic decision to me because they immediately plugged him into the top-6.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah. I mean they had all the time to re-sign Patty before the season. They refused to do so but put faith in the kids. I get that. But why was Chek not one of the kids. That is the part I don't understand. Specially after what he showed in training camp and pre-season.

I was actually all in favor of re-signing Patty to a league minimum even before the season started. But I wanted Check to get a fair shake at earning the top-6 spot. He never ever got the chance and the re-signing of Patty after 4 games looks like a panic decision to me because they immediately plugged him into the top-6.

I don't understand why Chekhovich wasn't one of them. Maybe they didn't care for how he came into camp or something else. Everything I've seen from Chekhovich tells me he's ready for regular top nine time in the NHL. He's not a complete player but he has talent that only Yurtaykin has actually shown glimpses of. Even with Marleau's addition, there are numerous spots in the lineup still up for grabs. Bergmann is outperforming Radil for the 4th line LW spot at this point. Labanc's spot in the top six is not secure but even if it was his spot on the 3rd line is still available. Same really applies to Marleau even though he will get more slack. Personally, I think Marleau's addition is more an indictment on Labanc's poor start than anything else. They counted on Labanc to take a top six spot and he is failing miserably.

Reactions: Phu

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I don't understand why Chekhovich wasn't one of them. Maybe they didn't care for how he came into camp or something else. Everything I've seen from Chekhovich tells me he's ready for regular top nine time in the NHL. He's not a complete player but he has talent that only Yurtaykin has actually shown glimpses of. Even with Marleau's addition, there are numerous spots in the lineup still up for grabs. Bergmann is outperforming Radil for the 4th line LW spot at this point. Labanc's spot in the top six is not secure but even if it was his spot on the 3rd line is still available. Same really applies to Marleau even though he will get more slack. Personally, I think Marleau's addition is more an indictment on Labanc's poor start than anything else. They counted on Labanc to take a top six spot and he is failing miserably.

I think so too. Patty may have lost a step or two but he is still a faster skater than Pavs and still has the smarts to play a decent game. I am very confident that he will be better than Labanc defensively in the top-6.

Its just baffling not to give Chek a shot though. He looked the most ready forward for that role and he didnt get a single game. Would just love to hear what the thinking behind htat is.

Reactions: Phu

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I think so too. Patty may have lost a step or two but he is still a faster skater than Pavs and still has the smarts to play a decent game. I am very confident that he will be better than Labanc defensively in the top-6.

Its just baffling not to give Chek a shot though. He looked the most ready forward for that role and he didnt get a single game. Would just love to hear what the thinking behind htat is.

On chek, knowing wilson it has something to do with cheks contract that wilson is wotking around.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
DW said they will be cycling 8-9 players throughout the AHL and NHL this year. It’s been 4 games. If he does well in the AHL he will be up. I didn’t think he stood head and shoulders above Yurtaykin or Bergmann in the preseason whatsoever.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
DW said they will be cycling 8-9 players throughout the AHL and NHL this year. It’s been 4 games. If he does well in the AHL he will be up. I didn’t think he stood head and shoulders above Yurtaykin or Bergmann in the preseason whatsoever.
I do think that by December, we'll have a couple of kids in the lineup full time. Assuming they adjust to the AHL pretty quickly. Chek can, at the very least, score consistently in the AHL from what he's done the last couple years.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I do think that by December, we'll have a couple of kids in the lineup full time. Assuming they adjust to the AHL pretty quickly. Chek can, at the very least, score consistently in the AHL from what he's done the last couple years.

I think the staff has liked what they've seen out of Bergmann too. I'd imagine he'll be a consistent presence in the bottom 6.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Carrick's reassignment could mean that one of Prout or Simek is ready to be on NHL roster. (Hopeful)

Heed being there gives them only six active d-men on the roster. One of Simek or Prout is ready to be activated.

I could of been just dreaming this, but i swear i read that heed was activated just the other day. But if it wasn't here that i read it i am not sure where it would of been lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad