Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info Discussion Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coughbit17

Feb 22, 2021
Merkley and the cuda haven't play many games this yr. For a prospect like him, looking or watching his stats is not a way to judge him. He is nhl offense ready, the reason he is with the cuda b/c he is not ready to be trusted even for 3rd paring nhl. In the nhl, you have to be hard and heavy to win battles. This kid play very passive, don't win many board battles and doesn't protect the blue paint area well. It's going to take a least another yr. with more added weight and the desire to move your feet like no.38 at the moment. I wish he would play in Europe, that would help him.

Coughbit17

Feb 22, 2021
bordeleau was an outstanding pick by the sharks, a player that has great hockey i.q, poise with the puck. Elite vision, quick shot, zone entry wizard. Strong on face-off and an underrated shot. More of a passer than a shooter. The thing that is holding him back is only one thing more speed. Hopefully in two yr. he will improve his speed and added strength. This is our best prospect without a doubt.

Coughbit17

Feb 22, 2021
In regard to dahlen, regardless whatever point he produced in Sweden 2nd division. It is going to be hard to translate in the nhl. The reason is b/c his skating is chopping and has no burst. His skills is real and hockey i.q. though.​

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Merkley and the cuda haven't play many games this yr. For a prospect like him, looking or watching his stats is not a way to judge him. He is nhl offense ready, the reason he is with the cuda b/c he is not ready to be trusted even for 3rd paring nhl. In the nhl, you have to be hard and heavy to win battles. This kid play very passive, don't win many board battles and doesn't protect the blue paint area well. It's going to take a least another yr. with more added weight and the desire to move your feet like no.38 at the moment. I wish he would play in Europe, that would help him.
To be fair there aren't many guys in the NHL that move their feet like Ferraro. Dude is the gold standard for effort.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ozzy will sometimes be wearing an "A" this season for Prince Albert. The Raiders unveiled their leadership group this morning and Weisblatt is one of 6 guys who will rotate through the alternate role on a game-by-game basis.

I don't have the link on me at the moment. I'll get it up later or you can just check out the PA Raiders twitter feed.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Ozzy will sometimes be wearing an "A" this season for Prince Albert. The Raiders unveiled their leadership group this morning and Weisblatt is one of 6 guys who will rotate through the alternate role on a game-by-game basis.

I don't have the link on me at the moment. I'll get it up later or you can just check out the PA Raiders twitter feed.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Chekhovich - 1 goal (PPG), 2 SOG, “-1”, 16:25, 1st line.
Ivan’s short interview in Russian -
Иван Чехович: «Очень надеюсь, что в «Сан-Хосе» меня ждут»
He hadn’t conversations with Bob, but he talks to Nabby and scouts. He focused on Torpedo and he will think about NHL after playoffs.
He sounds hopeful that they will give him a chance to play for the big team. If the sharks do suck and sell off UFA's, I see no reason why he couldnt play.

Reactions: Sandisfan

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->