Sharks News/Notes XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Anyone else listen to the new Spittin' Chiclets with Huskins and Demers? Some good insights on the Sharks' room when they both played.

I didnt know Clowe tried to fight Jumbo and ended up breaking Boyle's nose. Also didnt know Jumbo was a huge asshole (in a Jerry Seinfeld kinda way).

Super interesting. Plus they re-hash the Roenick - seto - Mitchell story from Vegas, which is epic on all accounts

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Anyone else listen to the new Spittin' Chiclets with Huskins and Demers? Some good insights on the Sharks' room when they both played.

I didnt know Clowe tried to fight Jumbo and ended up breaking Boyle's nose. Also didnt know Jumbo was a huge ******* (in a Jerry Seinfeld kinda way).

Super interesting. Plus they re-hash the Roenick - seto - Mitchell story from Vegas, which is epic on all accounts

The video is 1 hour and 43 minutes long. Time stamps?

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
The video is 1 hour and 43 minutes long. Time stamps?

59:00 is around when the interview starts. Ends at around 1:31:00. I always listen at 1.5 speed, without it they sound crazy slow. Huskins is super self aware about being.....not good. Some talk on Douglas Murray being the man and some other good sharks talk.

Here's the Roenick story about Mitchell and Seto. Roenick went up in stock after hearing this, it's that amazing/absurd of a story

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

59:00 is around when the interview starts. Ends at around 1:31:00. I always listen at 1.5 speed, without it they sound crazy slow. Huskins is super self aware about being.....not good. Some talk on Douglas Murray being the man and some other good sharks talk.

Here's the Roenick story about Mitchell and Seto. Roenick went up in stock after hearing this, it's that amazing/absurd of a story

Todd McLellan threw shoes at Jason Demers. He’s not a good coach.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
In Demers rookie year we didn't lose to NSH 3-2, so his story is a little off. It was probably December 15, 2010 a 3-2 loss when NSH scored twice in the 3rd to take a 3-2 lead and win.

Still funny though

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Todd McLellan threw shoes at Jason Demers. He’s not a good coach.

Say what you want about any of the players and coaches that he mentions in these stories, but Demers looks awful for gossiping and telling these stories; especially considering he is still a member of an NHL team.

Makes it very clear what type of person he is and why the organization soured on him. Completely unprofessional.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Say what you want about any of the players and coaches that he mentions in these stories, but Demers looks awful for gossiping and telling these stories; especially considering he is still a member of an NHL team.

Makes it very clear what type of person he is and why the organization soured on him. Completely unprofessional.

I think it's only unprofessional considering he (and in some cases other players he talks about) is currently playing. If he and the players he mentions were retired, then i have no problem with it. Lots of other former and current NHLers come on this podcast and refrain from using names when the player is still active.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

Holy overreaction. One tongue-in-cheek PR video by the Coyotes "makes it very clear" what type of person he is? Not to mention the point of his story was making fun of an error he made, hardly "gossip". A coach yelling at a player and calling him an idiot isn't breaking news. If anything, I think the Scott and Stalock video was a lot worse, which no one batted an eye about.

And hindering offense to play for OT. Typical McLellan.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Holy overreaction. One tongue-in-cheek PR video by the Coyotes "makes it very clear" what type of person he is? Not to mention the point of his story was making fun of an error he made, hardly "gossip". A coach yelling at a player and calling him an idiot isn't breaking news. If anything, I think the Scott and Stalock video was a lot worse, which no one batted an eye about.

And hindering offense to play for OT. Typical McLellan.

I’m not referencing just that video, but also the podcast mentioned above where he details the Clowe and Thornton fighting situation. I also thought Scott and Stalock were both very bad (not sure if I posted, but I agreed with ON4’s sentiments on that one) and unprofessional. But this is two incidents where he has run his mouth and, yes, gossiped, about two incidents that he shouldn’t have.

When I talk about what type of person he is, perhaps I should use the word “employee”. I think he seems like a cool, down to earth guy, and a genuinely good person above all else. But the fact that he would talk about the Clowe/Thornton situation and other situations on the podcast, and then talk about a dispute with his head coach that makes that head coach look very bad, is a red flag. And the fact that he would do so when he is still playing, and Thornton is still playing, and McLellan is probably looking for work, is telling of what type of employee he is, and how he would burn bridges pretty easily.

Also, every coach hinders offense to play OT. McLellan is a bad coach for plenty of reasons - being the type of moron to throw a shoe at a player is one of those reasons, but playing for OT isn’t.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Fans: Players need more personality and should speak their minds!
Players: ok let me tell you a funny, harmless story about a time a coach yelled at me because I didn't listen and lost the team the game
Fans: Wow, what a classless display by that person for sharing that personal story about a coach looking for work still in the NHL

By all accounts the players on the team loved Demers and I would hope he is smart enough to not share a story he thinks Todd/Clowe/Jumbo would be upset about.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Players: ok let me tell you a funny, harmless story about a time a coach yelled at me because I didn't listen and lost the team the game
Fans: Wow, what a classless display by that person for sharing that personal story about a coach looking for work still in the NHL

By all accounts the players on the team loved Demers and I would hope he is smart enough to not share a story he thinks Todd/Clowe/Jumbo would be upset about.

Definitely, though I think current players like to keep stuff in the room private, so long as all parties involved in the story are still playing. Distractions and all.

I'm not sure if you all listen to Chiclets regularly (it's A+, heavily recommend for great stories and banter), but almost all guests balance that line of having personality and showing respect.

Reactions: Munnyro

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Definitely, though I think current players like to keep stuff in the room private, so long as all parties involved in the story are still playing. Distractions and all.

I'm not sure if you all listen to Chiclets regularly (it's A+, heavily recommend for great stories and banter), but almost all guests balance that line of having personality and showing respect.
Yeah I do which is why I have the opinion that if Demers or Huskins or whoever are sharing a story, they feel that the people the story is about would be ok with it being shared. There have been so many guests who talk about stories or instances where the fans/media wrote or thought something that was so off base with how the players involved actually felt or thought. Basically media and fans can blow things way out of proportion based on speculation and the players are often laughing and in some cases even purposely adding fuel to the fire because they think it's funny to see how the story unfolds. I can't remember the exact story but they had a player on a few weeks back who said he did just that, a story got written and he gave comments he knew would blow up because he knew it was all crap and thought it would be funny to do.

Reactions: tiburon12

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

I don’t have a problem with players showing personality. I have a problem with players going on a podcast, gossiping, and telling personal stories about their former teammates.

I also think it gives a lot of context regarding Demers in particular. Demers reportedly burned bridges with the organization and isn’t wanted back at any price. Him running his mouth about all this, while he is still playing, shows just what kind of professional he is.

The players in the room who talk about him say they like him, and act buddy buddy with him on social media for sure. But those are only a few players, and we don’t know what the rest think about him. And we do know what the organization thinks of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad