Sharks News/Notes XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The Hockey News put out a special magazine in the last week or so, highlighting their picks for the top 100 goaltenders of all time.

of Shark-specific note, Evgeni Nabokov checked in at #56 and Arturs Irbe at #93.

He-who-shall-not-be-named was 17th (Booo!), and Miikka Kiprusoff was 41st.

Martin Jones also made their list of 10 goalies who could find a place in a future top 100 list if they play well enough.

Reactions: LadyStanley

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
The monthly 'is x a fluke like Cheechoo' thread is up on the main board. If you want to enjoy some ridiculously ignorant hot takes, you know where to find them.
It is amazing how generally uninformed the hockey community is, hot takes somehow take hold and are just repeated ad nauseum. Sometimes I wonder if the same things happen to players on the eastern teams, or if it is because of the lack of media over here.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It is amazing how generally uninformed the hockey community is, hot takes somehow take hold and are just repeated ad nauseum. Sometimes I wonder if the same things happen to players on the eastern teams, or if it is because of the lack of media over here.
I think it's just a lot easier for people to stat watch and attribute Cheechoo's career to Thornton since Thornton is still playing and Cheechoo isn't. Anyone who consistenly watched Cheech before the hernia's knows what type of player he was.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
giphy.gif

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
That assist was just pure hard work around the net.

I remember reading a comment from a salty Buffalo fan on a photo on Kane’s Instagram talking about how Ristolainen has been working out in the off-season and how he would destroy Kane. Totally random and not something that I should remember for any reason, but it was particularly amusing to see Kane totally out-working and out-muscling Ristolainen on that play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad