LeBrun: Sharks looking to trade Dubnyk at the deadline

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Avs fans don't like Dubnyk so it's probably a non-starter, but theoretically a Dubnyk/Compher swap could make sense given that SJ need RHS forwards.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Avs fans don't like Dubnyk so it's probably a non-starter, but theoretically a Dubnyk/Compher swap could make sense given that SJ need RHS forwards.

Only if that RHS was going to be a solid center for them on the 3rd line. Otherwise, they will likely pass. Compher isn't doing so hot on faceoffs and isn't being productive on a highly productive team. If I'm the Sharks on a significantly worse team, I'm not thinking that Compher would bounce back in a 3C role here. And since we have no need for him on wing and have a surplus, I can't see that being a good basis for a trade here. Besides, a 5th round pick in 2022 or whatever would be all the Sharks need for Dubnyk. I don't see what good it does them to take on a 3.5 mil contract that isn't going to produce for them unless there are some other adds happening.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
upload_2021-3-17_22-59-57.jpeg

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
For there to be trust in Nabby, there needs to be more in way of results than Dubnyk sporting fairly pedestrian numbers and Jones still being horrific.

jones is a catastrophe- Nabby is not on the hook for that. For Nabby to look at Dubnyk and think on a 1 yr deal he can probably help us as decent 1b is pretty remarkable.
Low expectations PF

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
jones is a catastrophe- Nabby is not on the hook for that. For Nabby to look at Dubnyk and think on a 1 yr deal he can probably help us as decent 1b is pretty remarkable.
Low expectations PF

I think we’re giving too much credit here. Dubnyk isn’t actually doing that good to warrant this.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Haven't watched Dubnyk at all this year but as a Tampa fan I'd probably give a 4th and Curtis McElhinney for Dubnyk with the Sharks retaining 50% to make the money work for us.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
i never said you said he was good and am asserting the opposite . you stated the "Avs is a good landing spot, especially if they play the Blues in the playoffs" so his current record versus the blues seems easily relevant to your statement.

It isn't, my reply was supposed to completely obvious it isn't but hey, here we are

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->