LeBrun: Sharks looking to trade Dubnyk at the deadline

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Could be an option for the Avs if the price is not that high (below 3rd rounder)...

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The Wild will throw in a 3rd to help the Avs acquire Dubnyk with the caveat that the Avs then must play Dubnyk in actual games.

Oh you got yourself a deal.

Dubnyk >>>>>>>>>> Miska

And if the Avs are forced to play either in the playoffs, we ain't winning a cup anyways..

Avs are good enough to make up for bad goaltending against weaker teams in the regular season. Just not if it reaches the level Miska has provided for most of his starts...

@Oblivion Beckons :

For me it just depends on the price.
If Dubnyk comes significantly cheaper, I'll take him.

Realistically we only need a bad backup to help the team win against the likes of Anaheim, SJ and Arizona. We don't need more than that. I think both Dubnyk and Bernier are capable of that.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
In October, Dubnyk (with retention) + 7th only returned a 5th, and his performance this season (3-6-2 with a 0.908 SV% in 14 games played/10 starts) isn't all that impressive. Not sure I see much reason for a team to acquire him without at least kicking the tires on 5-6 other guys first.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
IF (and BIG IF) Dubynk keeps up his good play of late, I wonder if there's a fit with Washington.

Both Samsonov and Vanacek are eligible to be picked in the expansion draft, and I don't know if the Caps would want to bank on them as their duo if they make a playoff run this year (RIP Hank). Dubynk (again if he's playing well) solves both problems for them since he's a UFA, and the Sharks get a younger goalie who can at the very least play in the NHL. Might also be cheaper for Washington to trade Vanacek now than pay Seattle to not pick him (on top of Oshie who they might want to protect).

Sharks would likely have to add, but I'd happily throw in Marleau and/or Nieto if the Caps need depth/PK forward help (I don't really know what they need). Sharks would probably add a pick or prospect or something too.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
When I read the thread title my first reaction was "Good Luck"

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Oh that makes total sense.......

and then who does SJ play in net next year?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Could see a team giving up a 3rd or 4th round pick especially one of their goalies gets injured. But if not, he'll probably get a late pick and/or a C prospect.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It will either be Melnichuk if he's ready or a cheap ufa. Sharks aren't going to pay much for goaltenders while Jones is still on the book.
Yeah you don't just hand over oyur team to a guy who has played a grand total of 7 AHL games.... and done it poorly.

As for "cheap ufa"... who might that be? Why would said player sign with SJ? Is that player going to be better than Dubnyk? If an unknown cheap UFA goalie is going to be better than Dubnyk why wouldn't a team wanting to improve their goaltending for this playoff run give up an asset for that guy instead of Dubnyk?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad