Sharks Look to Rebound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
San Jose, California - The San Jose Sharks are coming into tonight's action on a bit of a skid. The last 10 games for the Sharks have resulted in a 4-4-2 record, something that the team looks to change in the coming games. This mini-slump has dropped them into 4th position in the Western conference.

The Sharks look to change the slide to a climb tonight versus the Columbus Blue Jackets. Look to see a few different line combinations on the ice for the Sharks tonight, and rumour has it that Cristobal Huet will be in net come game time. GM Astles said this in a pre-game interview, "We are just trying to get back on the winning track, Jose [Theodore] is still our guy, sometimes you just need to look in other places to get back on track". There have been no leaks as to who would be on what lines, but look for Patrick Elias to be on the first line again with Demitra and Forsberg.

Jose Jaws
San Jose Tribune

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
The Sharks took the visiting Blue Jackets to overtime before finally succumbing to the league's hottest team in a 4-3 final. The Jackets' special teams each scored a goal along the way, with Adrian Aucoin opening the scoring on the powerplay to extend his lead for the team in blueline scoring, and Slava Kozlov adding a shorthanded marker for his team-leading 21st. Martin Brodeur turned aside 29 of 32 shots for his 19th win.

The Jackets hung on despite losing top-line center Mike Modano in the first period with a concussion after being hooked into the boards by San Jose's Patrick Elias. The Sharks winger (and former Emerson player) got ejected for his trouble, and the league is reviewing the play to see whether any extra time is warranted. Modano is listed as day to day until they get a clearer medical report.

The injury to Modano couldn't have come at a worse time for the Jackets, who have just one night off before facing the Sens, Flyers and Rangers. It's doubtful that Modano will see action in any of those games. The team will look to pivots Kozlov and Henrik Sedin (tonight's third star, 1g 1a) to pick up where Modano left off.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
A tough battle tonight again for the Sharks but yet again they see another loss. Cristobal Huet did his best to keep the Jackets at bay, but theres only so much a goalie can do. Dainius Zubrus added a goal and an assist in the losing effort, "I'm glad I got boosted up to the 2nd line tonight, hopefully I can stay here and keep putting up points for this club".

Patrik Elias' stay on the first line in tonights game did not last very long as he was ejected from the game in the first period after what Jackets' officials are calling "a vicious hook". Patrik had this to say following the game, "I'm not known as a dirty player, I don't think I've ever even seen someone get tossed out of a game for hooking before but I guess theres a first time for everything, and I do wish that Mike gets better as soon as possible."

GM Astles was not too impressed with the officiating in tonights game but declined to comment as his team cannot afford any fines for unnecessary comments towards the referreeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad