Friedman: Sharks Extensions Coming?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
10. In addition to their Tavares pitch, San Jose is working hard on several extensions. What’s their history? Take care of guys a year before they hit the market. Two summers ago: Brent Burns. Last year: Martin Jones and Marc-Edouard Vlasic. It is Logan Couture’s turn, and several sources indicate it is coming. It’s also possible we’re going to see something with Tomas Hertl.

Nothing about Pavelski, who's up in a year too.

aircobra

May 4, 2013
It wouldn't surprise me if they move on from Pavs after this coming season, especially if they can get Tavares.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Burns’ contract was signed in the middle of the 2016-2017 season.

Also, we need a “Friedman - Rumor” and a separate “Friedman - Speculation” tag. Cause I got excited thinking that this was based on some sort of actual facts.

Reactions: BatVader

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Burns’ contract was signed in the middle of the 2016-2017 season.

Also, we need a “Friedman - Rumor” and a separate “Friedman - Speculation” tag. Cause I got excited thinking that this was based on some sort of actual facts.
Need an Athletic tag for the same reason.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
If they land Tavares and resign Couture they should only give Hertl and Pavelski 2 years tops no more than that

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
If they land Tavares and resign Couture they should only give Hertl and Pavelski 2 years tops no more than that

Two year deal is not happening for as he has 2 years left of rfa status.

Either he will sign one year 4-4.5 Aav to help the team now getting taveras.Wilson can give him extension next year when money comes off the books and or they have extra time to move around some parts

Or he signs a long term deal

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
How different is Pavelski from Marleau leaving?

He's better now, but isn't it similar in that San Jose would like to keep him but if someone overpays for him, you'll let him go?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
It wouldn't surprise me if they move on from Pavs after this coming season, especially if they can get Tavares.
If they get Tavares i would trade Pavelski asap to get some good assets for him. Would obviously hurt them a little right now but worth it overall imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad