GDT: Sharks @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
There's no reason to start Schneider at all until the LAK/Ducks back to back set next weekend.

The only reason Schneider (or Domingue) should be here is to give Blackwood some rest sometimes and start some games. He has no business being up here for an audition or evaluation. We've already tried that more than once. Domingue really has no business being up here for auditions either.

We have 3 more games before the next back to back set and Blackwood really should play them all, especially since he's already been given the night off a few times randomly in the last couple of weeks.

MAYBE you give Cory the Detroit game to try and give him a real softball team. If he plays against Washington and gets blown up, I'm sure it will be the defense's fault, the toilet paper lineup or the scheduler's fault for making the game an afternoon 1:00 PM start.
nah they are not playing Blackwood that much from what it looks like. If they were in the playoff race they probably would but them starting Domingue so many times while Blackwood is on a roll I think is an indication on how they'll go forward with it

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Everyone knows that Blackwood had a great game, but the biggest thing is, how many of those saves would we have given him or any other goalie a pass on because "it wasn't his fault."

But this is what we needed all season (along with other things obviously,) a goalie that doesn't just stop the "stoppable" shots. A goalie that can just bail out players when they screw up and give the team a chance to make it up to him.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If MBW finishes strong and manages to climb his save percentage to 915-917 and wins 25-27 games he should get some Calder attention but he won’t. Put Makar or Wuinn Hughes on Th is team and they do t look much better than Jack most likely.

Reactions: mdj12784

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
nah they are not playing Blackwood that much from what it looks like. If they were in the playoff race they probably would but them starting Domingue so many times while Blackwood is on a roll I think is an indication on how they'll go forward with it
And I think that’s stupid. Especially if it’s cory who has no future on this team. He’s finished. He shouldn’t get anymore chances or a lengthy audition.

The last 50 games say he’s an .885% goalie. The last 130 say he’s a .903% goalie.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Hughes had a ‘poor’ game and still created 3 prime chances. Kid will be great when he puts it all together and matures.

Don’t like him at LW though. Hope he goes back to C soon.

Bratt Hischier Gusev
Zacha Hughes Palmieri

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If any one player is keeping this team from being an even bigger joke, it’s Blackwood

An average goalie would not be able to do what he is doing behind this team.

An average goalie would look bad here. A bad goalie looks like the worst ever here.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Goose has had a better overall season than Nico. But it’s close.

Blackwood is looking like a stud lately. Legit Gibson vibes from him.

Hope he keeps it up bc shesterkin looks more than legit.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Hughes had a ‘poor’ game and still created 3 prime chances. Kid will be great when he puts it all together and matures.

Don’t like him at LW though. Hope he goes back to C soon.

Bratt Hischier Gusev
Zacha Hughes Palmieri
I think the reason is so Nico can take him under his wings, give the kid some much needed direction. Which speaks volumes about Nico.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I was at the game and that #32 defenseman just called up, he played a nice game, kept it simple.
Only played 10 career games before tonight. Not the best AHL numbers but would be nice to have a random player sticking as a 3rd pair or 7th Dman option. Obviously its not a good chance to happen since he’s already 26 years old and is what he is but you never know.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Only played 10 career games before tonight. Not the best AHL numbers but would be nice to have a random player sticking as a 3rd pair or 7th Dman option. Obviously its not a good chance to happen since he’s already 26 years old and is what he is but you never know.
This might be his last chance to show he belongs in the big leagues and he didn't look out of place at all tonight, I'm going to be pulling for him.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
This might be his last chance to show he belongs in the big leagues and he didn't look out of place at all tonight, I'm going to be pulling for him.
Me too, BUT the Sharks are in the same position as us so he was playing against lower competition. Now Saturday...lets see what happens haha. At least he is a Dman who is 6 foot. Im tired of seeing Carrick.

Reactions: Ronnie Bass

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004

Yeah I'm completely against playing Mackenzie in everygame just because it isn't a back to back. Seasons over anyway. Why risk an injury. And like someone else said, playing Dominique will show management how important a good backup is these days.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
If MBW finishes strong and manages to climb his save percentage to 915-917 and wins 25-27 games he should get some Calder attention but he won’t. Put Makar or Wuinn Hughes on Th is team and they do t look much better than Jack most likely.

He's already at a .915 SVP. His GAA has dropped from basically 3.00 to 2.74 in less than 2 weeks. I wanna see 27 wins, .920 SVP and a sub 2.50 GAA. I'm just getting greedy now, I know. lol.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
He's already at a .915 SVP. His GAA has dropped from basically 3.00 to 2.74 in less than 2 weeks. I wanna see 27 wins, .920 SVP and a sub 2.50 GAA. I'm just getting greedy now, I know. lol.
Those are incredible numbers in todays NHL, let alone on THIS TEAM. Just incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad