GDT: Sharks @ Coyotes 7pm NBCSN Thornton's 1000th +1 game in teal Vlasic out

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
No reason the Sharks should have had back to backs with 2 days off between Saturday's game.

Fatigue loss due to incompetent scheduling.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I am not a fan of pulling your goalie down by multiple goals. All you are doing is letting the other team pad their stats and giving your players a minus.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW

IIRC, they do the schedules for the Sharks and Vancouver first, because we're the two most geographically remote teams. If that's the case, though, how do we end up f***ed so hard on back-to-backs and long road trips? It seems like everybody in the East gets all three CA teams at once, but we'll go EST-CST-EST on one trip. Makes no sense to me to get last priority when we're the first team planned.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I am not a fan of pulling your goalie down by multiple goals. All you are doing is letting the other team pad their stats and giving your players a minus.
Pete needed a reason to justify number 44 coming back into the line-up... :sarcasm:

SharksFan17

Apr 17, 2017
"2-1 after 1. 4-2 after 2..."

I should've SNOG'd a 6-3 game

I did just the wrong way... Did get all three sharks scorers though in my picks.

Hate the games against the Coyotes they are always a slog. It was worse when they used to just trap and it was 2-1 games but still.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I hope Deboar sends in the tape of that hit by OEL because that was a sure hit to the head.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
DeBoer has no clue when to pull the goalie. He doesn’t do it before an OZFO with 2:30 left at 5-on-5 but he does it during a DZFO with 1:45 left at 4-on-5.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I hope Deboar sends in the tape of that hit by OEL because that was a sure hit to the head.
I actually think Timo should have f***ed him up more than just the jab to the back of the leg..

I legit have an issue with the sharks not retaliating on hits like that.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Notice how a Shark is hit in the head and NBCSN shows one replay, brushes it off, then dwells on Timo poking OEL in the back of the knee.

When Karlsson hit Wagner they showed 20 replays, speculated, and talked about it after the game.

Nothing will come of this since the people on tv aren't talking about it.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I actually think Timo should have ****ed him up more than just the jab to the back of the leg..

I legit have an issue with the sharks not retaliating on hits like that.

Me too. Either you do nothing and don’t take a penalty, or you go all out and get some f***ing retribution. If the Sharks aren’t going to get any protection from the DoPS (and spoiler alert - they won’t), they need to get some revenge on plays like that.

In this case, I’m fine with doing nothing given the circumstances, such as the score, and the situation at the time. But our guys need to stand up for their teammates.

Reactions: one2gamble

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Still, someone shoulda went full caveman on that Swedish ass. No one will protect us, might as well police the game ourselves, score aside. On to Tampa

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
DeBoer has no clue when to pull the goalie. He doesn’t do it before an OZFO with 2:30 left at 5-on-5 but he does it during a DZFO with 1:45 left at 4-on-5.
To be fair, I thought he did pull the goalie with over 2 minutes left during the O-zone faceoff, but then had to put him back in? I remember seeing empty net under the Sharks on the score on NBCSN, unless that was not correct? Dell ended up back in there though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad