Confirmed with Link: Sharks claim Rudolf Balcers

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Oh I agree. I was just making a joke based on the funny notion that there needed to be a message sent and a promising prospect got waived for it.

Dorion just gave up a 2nd round pick during a rebuild for an over the hill vet with a 6.5 cap hit while there is a global pandemic affecting the whole NHL market. If it wasn't enough, Stepan doesn't want to be in Canada right now. He wants to be closer to family

I wouldn't take anything he does as the norm.

No, I'm there with you. Sens where actually terrible and he couldn't stick. I'll be surprised if he outplays anyone on the roster vying for the 3rd line at this point.

Again, always take anything related to DJ Dorion with a big grain of salt

Balcers looked good in his 21 y/o season (14 pts in 36 GP). He got injured (torn MLC) in 2019-20 training camp. Pretty sure he would be a full time NHLer if that didn't happen. Hopefully for him he's able to get back on track.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Balcers looked good in his 21 y/o season (14 pts in 36 GP). He got injured (torn MLC) in 2019-20 training camp. Pretty sure he would be a full time NHLer if that didn't happen. Hopefully for him he's able to get back on track.
I would love it if he becomes a regular and is effective. Good to know about his injury. Hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere.
He looked more poised than the other young players that have filtered through the lineup.
I thought he looked like he was standing around a lot and kept collapsing to the net which the winger shouldn't be doing. To be fair it was one game and he now has to learn a new system. I hope he gets at least a handful of games to get comfortable before they take him out.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
How is Balcers doing? Looks like he's only played 7 games.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
How is Balcers doing? Looks like he's only played 7 games.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

He's been in the lineup for the last five games, and is playing with Hertl and Meier now. He took a while to get here and ready to play, but since being ready he's only sat out one game.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
He's been in the lineup for the last five games, and is playing with Hertl and Meier now. He took a while to get here and ready to play, but since being ready he's only sat out one game.
Has he looked good?

I know he has 3 points, but has he been showing offensive production potential? And, how is his defensive play?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Love him so far.

Especially impressed with his defense. Surprised that even though he plays wing, he often gets in deep to support the d-men and get the puck out or act as the bumper on the boards. He finda ways to get the puck put of the zone. Much better defensively than Meier or Gregor who are both really passive.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Has he looked good?

Basically the MVP. :cool:

He has really helped the 1st line gel and that line is the only consistent threat so far. So, basically he's the catalyst for the entire offense.
He's done alright in physical play and defense.
He is probably the most skilled Sharks forward, so if he keeps getting playing time, maybe there's potential to continue carving out his role.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Basically the MVP. :cool:

He has really helped the 1st line gel and that line is the only consistent threat so far. So, basically he's the catalyst for the entire offense.
He's done alright in physical play and defense.
He is probably the most skilled Sharks forward, so if he keeps getting playing time, maybe there's potential to continue carving out his role.

not sure if you’re joking or not but he is not the Sharks most skilled forward

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
There were no rumours of him feeling entitled in Ottawa, where is this coming from?
The poster supsens wrote that some young players in Ottawa were feeling entitled. It was 2 posts above the one you quoted. I hadn’t heard anything about him feeling entitled, but I also don’t pay close attention to the Senators.

Reactions: Sandisfan

jarr92

May 7, 2013
I have a feeling Ottawa will regret losing Balcers, he doesn't look out of place whatsoever in the top 6 IMO. A bit funny to see after what Pierre Dorion said and seeing where Ottawa is in the standings.. makes losing Norris and the Stutzle pick slightly easier.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
I have a feeling Ottawa will regret losing Balcers, he doesn't look out of place whatsoever in the top 6 IMO. A bit funny to see after what Pierre Dorion said and seeing where Ottawa is in the standings.. makes losing Norris and the Stutzle pick slightly easier.
I don't think Dorion will regret it. I mean, the day he traded Mark Stone for Brannstrom he said it was his proudest moment as a general manager. Imagine that?

Glad Rudi is getting a chance. I'd always refer to him as Rudolfs Balstards. :D

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
I got tired of hockey a bit so hasn't watched any games lately.

So is he any good? How's he playing? Adapted well?

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
I got tired of hockey a bit so hasn't watched any games lately.

So is he any good? How's he playing? Adapted well?

He's been a fixture in the top 6. He's surprisingly alright with the physical play, but he has made defensive mistakes. Still, he moves well on offense and is better than many others with the puck, so he's still in the top lines.

If the Sharks continue this latest 5 game of trend of playing around Karlsson, then maybe we'll see a little more of what Balcers can do.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think Balcers can be a long term middle 6 playmaker for us. He might not be well rounded enough or skilled enough to be a bonafide top 6 in the long run but he fills a slot in the top 9 at the very least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad