Claimed off Waivers: Sharks claim Michael Haley

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
Liked Haley when he last played with the Sharks. Not quite sure why they claimed him, but he's a good guy and I know the Sharks' players really like him in the room.
I'll chalk this up to 'meh' news.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don’t even remember saying anything about it on HF. I was just honestly so sure that we wouldn’t claim him. I feel so blindsided, TBH.
It’s a very low risk move. His contract expires this year. We need a 4C. See if he works for a few games and if he doesn’t trade for Fehr.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Love this guy . Always root for him . Happy his troubles are behind him . Hopefully. He lead the Isles massacre against Pittssburgh then poor Mario " I don't want be part of this league anymore waaaa waaaa waaaa"

Reactions: Dirk316

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Black hole offensively. Negative impact defensively. Of course he would get picked up, because toughness... or something.

Toughness matters, especially when your team gets tossed around by the big boys as we saw last year in the playoffs. Notice how both Poile and Wilson prepare for Reeves and Vegas and any other potential physical issues with 2 lowkey pickups in Mcleod and Haley like a week apart from each other? It's a low cost move that could pay dividends in certain matchups. When emotions and tempers flare in a long playoff series, these guys earn their keep, especially on these softer lineups. The fact Poile added Mcleod who again is a worthwhile pickup for what he could provide for a pick vs. a claim is a feather in Wilson's cap.

Reactions: NYR94

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
It’s a very low risk move. His contract expires this year. We need a 4C. See if he works for a few games and if he doesn’t trade for Fehr.

See if he works for a few games? He’s one of the worst players in the NHL. Of course he’s not going to work for a few games!

San Jose has - and I’m not exaggerating here - roughly 20 forwards who are better hockey players than Micheal Haley. Every forward they have in the NHL is better, and they have about 8 in the AHL who are better.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
See if he works for a few games? He’s one of the worst players in the NHL. Of course he’s not going to work for a few games!

San Jose has - and I’m not exaggerating here - roughly 20 forwards who are better hockey players than Micheal Haley. Every forward they have in the NHL is better, and they have about 8 in the AHL who are better.
He worked last time he was here. He is fine. You are making a big deal about a player that is going to play a maximum of 10 minutes per game and not even close to every game. Maybe this lights a fire under Goodrow because now there's the possibility of him sitting. Maybe now they can move Gambrell in a trade (since he is one of the few players that don't require waivers to go down and now they have their 13th forward).

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Toughness matters, especially when your team gets tossed around by the big boys as we saw last year in the playoffs. Notice how both Poile and Wilson prepare for Reeves and Vegas and any other potential physical issues with 2 lowkey pickups in Mcleod and Haley like a week apart from each other? It's a low cost move that could pay dividends in certain matchups. When emotions and tempers flare in a long playoff series, these guys earn their keep, especially on these softer lineups. The fact Poile added Mcleod who again is a worthwhile pickup for what he could provide for a pick vs. a claim is a feather in Wilson's cap.
isnt he like, not a tough guy anymore since he got a severe concussion not long ago? This is just a pointless money wasting move.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Toughness matters, especially when your team gets tossed around by the big boys. Notice how both Poile and Wilson prepare for Reeves and Vegas any other physical issues with 2 lowkey pickups in Mcleod and Haley? It's a low cost move that could pay dividends in certain matchups. When emotions and tempers flare in a long playoff series, these guys earn their keep, especially on these softer lineups.

San Jose hasn’t been “tossed around by big boys” at any point this season.

Haley won’t even play in the playoffs. And he would get his ass kicked by Reaves. Just like he got his ass kicked by Lucic in 2017 and then didn’t play a single playoff game against the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad