GDT: Sharks @ Blues 5:00pm Adventure lineup take 2!

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
God, I miss Dillon. Honestly the biggest difference from a couple years back is guys like Dillon, Goodrow, even Pavs, they’d get their noses dirty and stick up for their teammates. We have none of that now.

We still had Dillon, Goodrow, and Pavs when the Blues headshotted us into oblivion with zero repercussions.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Ultimately a lot of teams have learned to just play so dirty that the bar is raised, because the refs can't call every single play.
It’s what the Kings always did when they won their cups. From puck drop they set the reffing standard. They interfered, clutched, grabbed and everything else. The refs, by being either cowards or just plain oblivious, allowed the standard to be set. If the refs asserted themselves properly from the start, like they’re supposed to, maybe things would have gone differently. But therein lies the problem, the refs are so weak and impressionable that the dirtier team gets an advantage.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
In last night's game, Clifford was roughing up Claesson in front of the net and then inadvertently elbowed Dubynk in the head. Dubynk gave him a chop to the back of the leg with his big stick. I mean, that was interesting. Something we haven't seem from a Sharks goalie in a very long time.

Apparently Dubynk has done that many times before with varying responses from the opposition. :laugh::laugh:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I remember it being mostly all shoulder to shoulder, too. I’m probably wrong though lol
The one against the kings in the playoffs was shoulder to shoulder but it went off that and hit him in the head too. The first point of impact was the shoulder though. That was the hit that set DW off and got him in trouble with the league for basically proving they were wrong in public. The others were bad enough he wasn't getting the benefit of the doubt.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The one against the kings in the playoffs was shoulder to shoulder but it went off that and hit him in the head too. The first point of impact was the shoulder though. That was the hit that set DW off and got him in trouble with the league for basically proving they were wrong in public. The others were bad enough he wasn't getting the benefit of the doubt.

The last one, was shoulder to shoulder and not even a glance off the head, that was a perfectly clean hit only thing wrong with it was the name of hitter.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
They changed the rule the next offseason because of that hit. The DOPS literally charged a guy under a rule that hadn't been written yet.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
In last night's game, Clifford was roughing up Claesson in front of the net and then inadvertently elbowed Dubynk in the head. Dubynk gave him a chop to the back of the leg with his big stick. I mean, that was interesting. Something we haven't seem from a Sharks goalie in a very long time.

Apparently Dubynk has done that many times before with varying responses from the opposition. :laugh::laugh:

With his size, he'll always be one of the biggest guys on the ice.
That could be an interesting aspect of the Sharks' budding enforcer game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad