GDT: Sharks @ Blues 5:00pm Adventure lineup take 2!

hockeyCEO

Nov 26, 2016
With the way the Sharks defense is playing these past 2 or 3 games, even if Simek were completely healthy I'd let him work on his game with the Barracuda. He isn't close to his freshman year form.

Jones has gone from mediocre, to bad, to good/very good these past 3 games. Methinks Nabby had a lot to do with the improvement. If he can stay at this level of play, the Sharks look like a completely different team.

Vlasic looks like a decent defensemen when paired with Knyzhov. Not worth his contract for sure, but not a liability either. If it stays this way, Wilson may find a decent trade. Or Kracken it.

Lastly, how did Knyzhov go undrafted? What a steal so far.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
With the way the Sharks defense is playing these past 2 or 3 games, even if Simek were completely healthy I'd let him work on his game with the Barracuda. He isn't close to his freshman year form.

Jones has gone from mediocre, to bad, to good/very good these past 3 games. Methinks Nabby had a lot to do with the improvement. If he can stay at this level of play, the Sharks look like a completely different team.

Vlasic looks like a decent defensemen when paired with Knyzhov. Not worth his contract for sure, but not a liability either. If it stays this way, Wilson may find a decent trade. Or Kracken it.

Lastly, how did Knyzhov go undrafted? What a steal so far.
Simek has looked great in the last week or so prior to the injury. He's not going to the AHL. He would have to pass thru waivers and he would for sure get taken.

hockeyCEO

Nov 26, 2016
Simek has looked great in the last week or so prior to the injury. He's not going to the AHL. He would have to pass thru waivers and he would for sure get taken.
Don't agree. Simek used to excel at defending zone entries as an excellent hitter. Now he is at best decent. Improving somewhat. He's an average skater and passer. No way will a team claim him at 2.25M for 3 years after coming off major knee surgery and playing the way he did to start the season.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Don't agree. Simek used to excel at defending zone entries as an excellent hitter. Now he is at best decent. Improving somewhat. He's an average skater and passer. No way will a team claim him at 2.25M for 3 years after coming off major knee surgery and playing the way he did to start the season.

Would rather have Simek in the lineup over Vlasic.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
You're welcome to your opinion but you're simply wrong if you think he won't get claimed. 2.25 is a steal in this day and age for a guy who can play in your top 4, which is what he is. There are teams that might take him just for the expansion draft. When he got hurt he was playing about the 4th best in the D-core. Theres a reason he got moved up to play with EK65 and not Knyzhov.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
You're welcome to your opinion but you're simply wrong if you think he won't get claimed. 2.25 is a steal in this day and age for a guy who can play in your top 4, which is what he is. There are teams that might take him just for the expansion draft. When he got hurt he was playing about the 4th best in the D-core. Theres a reason he got moved up to play with EK65 and not Knyzhov.

Simek got moved up before Knyzhov because Simek has played top 4 minutes before, whereas Knyzhov hadn't until post-Simek and EK65 injuries.

Not that I agree that he wouldn't be claimed on waivers. He most certainly would.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Simek got moved up before Knyzhov because Simek has played top 4 minutes before, whereas Knyzhov hadn't until post-Simek and EK65 injuries.

Not that I agree that he wouldn't be claimed on waivers. He most certainly would.
If the Sharks weren't desperate, Knyzhov wouldn't be playing top 4 min right now. I like the kid as much as anyone but Simek is the better D-man right now. I could see Knyzhov playing top 4 regurlary next season though with EK65 if he continues to expand his physical play. He's a very good skater for his size. Sharks score yet another good player seemingly out of thin air. The one mistake he's made in the last few games hat I think will become a problem if not corrected is getting burned by the outside fake inside move. Teams scout that kind of weakness and players will do it more often if he doesn't correct it quick. Gotta quit watching the puck.

hockeyCEO

Nov 26, 2016
No, I expect more from a top 4 guy than just eat minutes. Simek does not hit like he used to, which is what got him the contract in the first place. Post-injury Simek isn't worth his contract, but you think he is worth it, and there is the difference

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Since the other one got closed...I found this really interesting. Hertl hit Clifford with 6:33 left in the 3rd, and not only did that bum not take another shift, that was the last hit of the entire game.

If the Sharks big guys start asserting themselves more physically teams will naturally stop hunting their players, like bum ass Clifford did on Gambrell in the 2nd.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Technically true but not completely true. He could've signed with SJ and been loaned to Timra... for example like Bobby Nardella of WAS did or Raphael Lavoie of EDM.

Yes but i am guessing it would of been for a lot less money doing it that way.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Since the other one got closed...I found this really interesting. Hertl hit Clifford with 6:33 left in the 3rd, and not only did that bum not take another shift, that was the last hit of the entire game.

If the Sharks big guys start asserting themselves more physically teams will naturally stop hunting their players, like bum ass Clifford did on Gambrell in the 2nd.
We’re not a big team and we don’t throw our weight around. It’s wild to think our two biggest players are our goalies.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I’m at a crossroads as a Sharks fan right now. On the one hand, I can’t see this team competing for a Cup this season and they’d be better off getting a high pick. On the other, I still can’t root for them to lose games. Especially against asshat teams like the Blues and Vegas.
You don't root for a loss, you just don't care if they do. It's about how they are playing

Reactions: Tkachuk4MVP

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Meier absolutely should. Hertl is big but he’s never been that kind of a player so expecting him to suddenly be feisty is unrealistic.
Unrealistic all the time, but when needed like on Clifford. Just wish he’d incorporate more of it into his game.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
A Dillon or Murray type player would be pretty nice to have for when teams try to hunt our guys
God, I miss Dillon. Honestly the biggest difference from a couple years back is guys like Dillon, Goodrow, even Pavs, they’d get their noses dirty and stick up for their teammates. We have none of that now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad