GDT: Sharks @ Blackhawks 5:30pm NBCSN-CA Kendall Coyne-Schofield's debut (and new guy wearing #12)

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
He isn't needed and the way he left he doesn't deserve the respect from the organization like he got.
Ah... I figured that was it. That's a ridiculous way to look at it. You seriously begrudge him taking almost double the money he was offered to sign in Toronto? These players have to do what's best for themselves and their families financially. Fans who demand that kind of loyalty at the expense of millions in income for the player live in a dream world. Frankly my only issue was if he really was one of the deciding factors for Tavares. If DW said he would never re-sign him because of that I would have been fine with it. But if DW said he wouldn't re-sign him because he left for Torontos $18mil over the $10 mil the Sharks offered I would think DW is an ass.

As far as being needed, I think it's smart to bring him in to play more minutes at the beginning of the season to let the young players get acclimated to the NHL and then taper his minutes down as the youngins start to contribute more.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Ah... I figured that was it. That's a ridiculous way to look at it. You seriously begrudge him taking almost double the money he was offered to sign in Toronto? These players have to do what's best for themselves and their families financially. Fans who demand that kind of loyalty at the expense of millions in income for the player live in a dream world. Frankly my only issue was if he really was one of the deciding factors for Tavares. If DW said he would never re-sign him because of that I would have been fine with it. But if DW said he wouldn't re-sign him because he left for Torontos $18mil over the $10 mil the Sharks offered I would think DW is an ass.

As far as being needed, I think it's smart to bring him in to play more minutes at the beginning of the season to let the young players get acclimated to the NHL and then taper his minutes down as the youngins start to contribute more.

Meh. To me loyalty is the best trait a player can have. Its why boyle was dead to me after he left and now pavelski is dead to me.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The funny thing is Marleau has shown more loyalty than most players who retire sharks.

Center Ice gave me Burish (and Steve Konrad) for analysts last night.

Adam was certainly burning bridges last night (on behalf of his home town fans) with his comments on the Sharks. (IOW don't expect him to ever suit up in teal for an alumni event.)

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
He isn't needed and the way he left he doesn't deserve the respect from the organization like he got.

The way he left? He totally would have stayed a Shark if they offered him the same contract as the Leafs. Leafs overpaid on amount and term. Oddly enough if Sharks sign him to that same contract as the Leafs he probably isn't a Shark today as he would have needed to been bought out.

Reactions: Sandisfan

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Well, I found Patrick Marleau last night just as the power came on! Wasn't hard to spot being the 1st star of the game.

Hopefully, there's more to come from this guy in #12.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
That broadcast was BRUTAL. If they're going to force Baker and Kendall on us at the same time, I'm just going to start watching the away feed. Everything was incredibly forced from a color commentary aspect.
Thank god I wasnt the only one. I am not a Baker fan at all (I'd much prefer Hedican) and thought Kendall was not great but got better as the game went along. 3 person broadcasts rarely work unless you have someone like Hedican between the glass who only comments occasionally in my opinion.

Having to suffer through Bakers general awkwardness with the added bonus of Kendall who is clearly still trying to figure it out was painful.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
SNOG announcement

Finally caught up on the game on DVR, and it was a blast. Marleau doing Marleau things, Goodrow scoring the 5-4 goal, and of course those empty net heart attacks.

Well what do you know... on top of all that, we have a SNOG. Congrats @themelkman on your 2nd SNOG of the season!

View attachment 263261

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 2 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 4-1
2Oct. 4 vs Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-1
3Oct. 5 at Ducksthemelkman, LeeIFBBDucks 3-1
4Oct. 8 at PredatorsseroesPredators 5-2
5Oct. 10 at BlackhawksthemelkmanSharks 5-4
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank
2019-20 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
1.themelkman2
T-2.LeeIFBB, seroes1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Well this might just be my year, ive never had one and now ive got two

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I thought Kendall did a better job of bringing legitimate hockey analysis than Jamie has of late, though he's clearly the more seasoned broadcaster

Baker has lost some spark to his color game, I loved him on the radio back when we still had Drew on TV, and I hate to speculate but considering he has come out publicly about his mental health issues I just hope everything is going well for him personally

KCS shows a lot of potential, I think she can grow in to the role but just needs to get more comfortable with the flow of the broadcast, though having 3 mouths to feed is difficult even for veteran game-callers

Reactions: ISharkted

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I thought Kendall did a better job of bringing legitimate hockey analysis than Jamie has of late, though he's clearly the more seasoned broadcaster

Baker has lost some spark to his color game, I loved him on the radio back when we still had Drew on TV, and I hate to speculate but considering he has come out publicly about his mental health issues I just hope everything is going well for him personally

KCS shows a lot of potential, I think she can grow in to the role but just needs to get more comfortable with the flow of the broadcast, though having 3 mouths to feed is difficult even for veteran game-callers
That was pretty much my opinion. I think she'll get there. Any awkwardness was Baker. He is normally terrible and last night he was moreso. I wish him all the best in his health but I prefer Hedican.

Gunnin54

Nov 7, 2012
Boyle said in his interview I don’t blame them for not signing me I was nervous and scared after my concussion

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Haha I love how bad and awkward Baker is. Him and Randy have this weird awkward chemistry I find amusing. I thought Kendall was...bad. Like really bad, and not in a funny way like Baker. Also I felt she would just disappear for long amounts of time. A couple times I legit forgot she was there. Maybe she'll grow on me like Baker.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
Wtf? You realize the organization basically told Boyle to leave right?

That's a blunt way to put it, but it's not wrong. IIRC, the Sharks told Boyle they were only going to offer him a one year deal, and that if he wanted a two year deal (like what the Rangers offered), he would have to sign with another team. A similar thing happened with Marleau, the Sharks were unwilling to give him a third year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad