GDT: Sharks @ Avalanche 6:00pm now the tank can continue, Chekhovich debuts

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Lol. I complained about the feed shutting off on me and then it flicked back on while Laura and Brown talk. Then Laura throws to the cuda game and...

"The game has ended"

So I'm just being frozen out of free ahl hockey.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
one things i noticed with the avs, and with the knights too, is that they make passing decisions very quickly AND pass with speed. I feel the Sharks do neither. Avs were zipping the puck around

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
one things i noticed with the avs, and with the knights too, is that they make passing decisions very quickly AND pass with speed. I feel the Sharks do neither. Avs were zipping the puck around
Been like this under boogie the entire time but pdb was basically dump it and hope.

They haven't played with speed for a few years

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

They know where they’re going before they even have the puck. The Sharks don’t know where they’re going except for Karlsson before they receive the pass and look up. That’s a huge difference over time.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Ferraro looks like he wants to cry.

Ferraro hasn't been all that great the past 20ish games or so. Understandable sophomore slump, I suppose.

The Sharks haven't *consistently* been a fast team since 2007 (and really even then they just weren't that fast). Ever since Darryl Sutter, the Sharks have been more inclined to slow the game down, grind it out, and/or surgically dismantle an opposition.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Ferraro hasn't been all that great the past 20ish games or so. Understandable sophomore slump, I suppose.

The Sharks haven't *consistently* been a fast team since 2007 (and really even then they just weren't that fast). Ever since Darryl Sutter, the Sharks have been more inclined to slow the game down, grind it out, and/or surgically dismantle an opposition.
So when the lockdown hit, I watched a bunch of older games just because they were available. The Cup-final Sharks of 2016 played a lot faster than you might think, and at least played like they had a plan for where the puck was going before they had it. The teams the last couple of years have looked like they were the most talented beer leaguers in the world, looking up after receiving passes to try and figure out what they're going to do next.

Reactions: Alwalys

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Did you guys know we could've had Rantanen instead of Meier? Because I just learned that recently and it seems like the kind of little-discussed info that everyone should know.
Rantanen would be out of the league by now if we had.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
They both don't do that and don't get ahead of plays defensively. They have just no defensive acumen, zero ability to break up plays.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
So when the lockdown hit, I watched a bunch of older games just because they were available. The Cup-final Sharks of 2016 played a lot faster than you might think, and at least played like they had a plan for where the puck was going before they had it. The teams the last couple of years have looked like they were the most talented beer leaguers in the world, looking up after receiving passes to try and figure out what they're going to do next.
I don't know why you'd want to watch that Final again. I think I've repressed most of it

Reactions: tealzamboni

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad