GDT: Sharks at Preds, 5PM Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal

Aug 8, 2006
Good lord.
No but seriously. What about comments like that are appealing to people in 2018? That kind of "harmless" language leads to more drastic behavior like that of Voynov. When general culture allows for women (or other demographics) to be discussed in such a derogatory way it opens the door for gradually worse and worse stuff.

I feel similarly about the way people describe (male) players as "trash" "worthless" etc as if they are not real people with lives and feelings. Sure they're millionaires playing a game for their jobs, but it's still pretty ugly.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
No but seriously. What about comments like that are appealing to people in 2018? That kind of "harmless" language leads to more drastic behavior like that of Voynov. When general culture allows for women (or other demographics) to be discussed in such a derogatory way it opens the door for gradually worse and worse stuff.

I feel similarly about the way people describe (male) players as "trash" "worthless" etc as if they are not real people with lives and feelings. Sure they're millionaires playing a game for their jobs, but it's still pretty ugly.

Wow......just wow. I’m not going to get on my soapbox because this is a hockey forum but I’m just here to tell you that it may be 2018 but not everyone wants to be censored by this “let’s walk on egg shells so nobody’s feelings ever get hurt” pc movement. I’ll just suggest you stay away from old tv shows like Married with Children.

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
Wow......just wow. I’m not going to get on my soapbox because this is a hockey forum but I’m just here to tell you that it may be 2018 but not everyone wants to be censored by this “let’s walk on egg shells so nobody’s feelings ever get hurt” pc movement. I’ll just suggest you stay away from old tv shows like Married with Children.
e1WSGvr.jpg

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

No one was objectified; it simply meant Mrs Underwood has been more successful at her profession than her husband.

Reactions: KirbyDots and 209

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

People calling Carrie Underwood a trophy does not, in any way, shape, or form, lead to incidents like Slava Voynov senselessly assaulting his wife.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Everyone??? While I was always on the side of extending Kane and never complained about his contract, I believe majority of our posters were ok with it too. There was only a minority who did not like the Kane AAV and re-signing.

But again. lets wait and see. I don't think Kane will be a PPG player by the end of this season but I was just hoping for 55-60 points from him to begin with, considering all the other traits he brings to the table.

Exactly, I was fully aboard the sign Kane train as well. I wasn't even pissed about the amount or term. I even wrote that I expect him to have career highs. Will it happen? Possibly not, but I fully understood why DW signed him to a the term and amount he did. Kane has a combination of abilities that not many players around the league have. People focused too much on prior stats instead of watching his game. A happy Kane in teal could easily be a 35-40 goal scorer with 65-70 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad