Pre-Game Talk: Sharks at Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I know the next game isn't until Thursday but I see that SJ is winless with 0 points after 3 games and have only 3 goals in total vs 12 goals against. They play Preds tonight in Nashville - chances are they will still be looking for their first win on Thursday vs Hawks. Odds say they are due to put points on the board. Just sayin'.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
If there is a team that can finally get them going and give a W on that win column it’s gotta be the Hawks!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I know the next game isn't until Thursday but I see that SJ is winless with 0 points after 3 games and have only 3 goals in total vs 12 goals against. They play Preds tonight in Nashville - chances are they will still be looking for their first win on Thursday vs Hawks. Odds say they are due to put points on the board. Just sayin'.

They have not looked very good (Hawks did not look great either). I want to see the team come out flying with Lehner in net.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I agree. This teams needs good goaltending to do anything this year. Steady goaltending can smooth out some wrinkles. I think Lehner will end up being the Hawks goalie for the next 5 or so years.

I'm hoping Lehner comes in and steals the show simply to make it a no brainer decision to bring him back next year. Thats a huge piece of the puzzle taken care of versus if he comes in and takes a meaningful step back to the point 6 mil per is a big gamble going forward

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It’s been so long since the last game, let’s just consider this the real start of the season.

Reactions: Rooh

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Sharks are going to be desperate. Hawks need to come out ready to play, and play with intensity and urgency.

ya sharks are bleeding bad and the coach may very well be on the hot seat and they may very well have Marleau in the lineup to give them a spiritual boost if nothing else...

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Pretty sure the Hawks will look slow to start the game. It'll be their 1st game after a week and can be seen as Season opener.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
If that were to occur, flip Crawford at the trade deadline. He'll wave his NMC for a chance to get more play time.

good thought in theory however the teams interested in doing such a thing would likely be in the playoff hunt however would struggle to take on his cap hit IMO.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
good thought in theory however the teams interested in doing such a thing would likely be in the playoff hunt however would struggle to take on his cap hit IMO.
If they got a really good return, I don't think they'd mind retaining 50% because Crawford would be a rental. It would have no impact beyond this season.
But really, everyone knows what's going on here. Give Lehner 45+ starts.

Hawsse

grittier than quaker oats
Aug 9, 2014
rent free in your head
chances are they will still be looking for their first win on Thursday vs Hawks.
whoa.

hol up.

so what you sain is...

the hockey team that doesn't have a win...

will be looking to win a game?

wait a second.

hol up.

i'm not sure i follow.

so what you sain is...

when people compete against other people...

they're trying to win?

hol up.

If there is a team that can finally get them going and give a W on that win column it’s gotta be the Hawks!
That will confuse Stan and Stan is confused as it is
They look slow no matter what
why do you even cheer for this team again?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
whoa.

hol up.

so what you sain is...

the hockey team that doesn't have a win...

will be looking to win a game?

wait a second.

hol up.

i'm not sure i follow.

so what you sain is...

when people compete against other people...

they're trying to win?

hol up.

why do you even cheer for this team again?

:laugh:

It never takes long for intelligent people to figure him out. :thumbu: Bravo.

Reactions: Hawsse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad