Post-Game Talk: Sharks 5, Chum 2

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I’m not sure if it’s a good motivational tool or something deeper but how many times this year has Sully pretty much called out the team on a lack of effort? I mean I like the way he gives honest answers unlike that joker Tomlin but I wonder how that sits with our top players. And listen I don’t disagree with Sully just find it interesting that he’s been so pointed and visibly irritated about the teams compete level.
Most of our players probably never watch his post-game interviews so I don't see the problem. They have to listen to him talk quite a bit as it is. After games they just want to unwind until the next practice.

But they know full well when their effort level was lacking and surely respect his honesty too.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I’m not sure if it’s a good motivational tool or something deeper but how many times this year has Sully pretty much called out the team on a lack of effort? I mean I like the way he gives honest answers unlike that joker Tomlin but I wonder how that sits with our top players. And listen I don’t disagree with Sully just find it interesting that he’s been so pointed and visibly irritated about the teams compete level.
Something needs to light a fire under their asses. They cannot afford to take nights off.

Reactions: Angrrus and BHD

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I wish I could like this post more than once. It is bang on, we used to skate circles around the sharks last few years, they made adjustments and got faster. Meanwhile, we got rid of guys like hagelin, Sheary, Daley etc. And replaced them with slow players. JR played himself
Pearson has been more useful than Hagelin and he's 4 years younger + signed longer term. Sheary was a mess when he wasn't scoring and he neutered Sid. Very difficult player to watch for the fans with his balance and puck control issues. Don't miss him at all. Daley was alright. Wouldn't mind him as a 3rd pairing D but not at his price tag. The Pettersson trade was brilliant too.

Rutherford's doing fine. The Johnson signing was bad but he's made many good moves, including signing CDS dirt cheap for 3 more years.

Reactions: Still Apps

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Pens didn’t have anything either...

Another idiotic lazy performance from the entire team with no exceptions.

These guys simply don't care about these games, and don't even want to break a sweat. And they somehow still believe in magic effort switch for the playoffs. Which in itself makes them legitimate imbeciles.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Pearson has been more useful than Hagelin and he's 4 years younger + signed longer term. Sheary was a mess when he wasn't scoring and he neutered Sid. Very difficult player to watch for the fans with his balance and puck control issues. Don't miss him at all. Daley was alright. Wouldn't mind him as a 3rd pairing D but not at his price tag. The Pettersson trade was brilliant too.

Rutherford's doing fine. The Johnson signing was bad but he's made many good moves, including signing CDS dirt cheap for 3 more years.

I don't mind Pearson, but I'm talking in a general sense that the team as a whole got slower. When you look at our 15/16 cup run, that was one of the most dominating runs I ever saw, we overwhelmed everybody with our relentless forecheck and speed. JR has slowly steered away from that philosophy.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
The organization better know what's going on with Malkin. Because this window is shut if this is his new normal.

This lazy careless idiot screws up everything he touches for 10 mln a year the team is paying him. He almost literally skates with his head in his own rectum. Every time the puck gets to him - I almost automatically expect another incredible F-up of epic proportions.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
They mailed this one in, bringing back not so pleasant memories of their play in November. Or maybe a bunch of them were playing with severe hangovers, led by Malkin. I'll bet even the Sharks fans in attendance wanted to see a more competitive game than that embarrassing stinker by the visitors.

Considering the tough schedule they are going to have in the 2nd half of the season, this attitude is borderline criminal. How can they be so stupid and shortsighted? The only explanation I can come up with - they don't care about winning anymore, at least not enough to put forth consistent effort to achieve it.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
This lazy careless idiot screws up everything he touches for 10 mln a year the team is paying him. He almost literally skates with his head in his own rectum. Every time the puck gets to him - I almost automatically expect another incredible F-up of epic proportions.

Pens lose two games in a row for the first time in two months and you show up for the first time in a month. Colour me stunned.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
iu

These morons stopped playing after going down 1-3, and simply mailed it in the rest of the game. If it were up to me, I would cut a bit of their salary for every pathetic performance like this.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Buy out every single contract on the team and start over with the best new 18 guys you can get. It’s the only way.

Your sarcasm is so obvious it makes me think you are satisfied with team's effort and performance.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
If it were up to me, I would cut a bit of their salary for every pathetic performance like this.

Good thing it's not up to you then. Oh, and the CBA doesn't allow that anyway, so...

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
:biglaugh: Awesome title, @DegenX

I literally have nothing. Hopefully it's a nice little wake up call. We are getting close to being great and a contender, but still have some work. Hopefully this turns into a positive.

Wasn't the LA game supposed to be a "wake up call"? Or the 1st period against the Ducks?

Seeing how many times "wake up call" is mentioned by fans and media, these guys (players) must have some pretty bad case of deep deep lethargic sleep, they need so many wake up calls bring them back to life.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Good thing it's not up to you then. Oh, and the CBA doesn't allow that anyway, so...

I'm aware of the rules. It was just wishful thinking. But if you think about it, wouldn't it be fair if the guys who fail to provide the spectacle fans pay to see, don't get paid for it?

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
But if you think about it, wouldn't it be fair if the guys who fail to provide the spectacle fans pay to see, don't get paid for it?

Wouldn't it be fair if they also got a hefty bonus for every goal, assist, win, etc.? Or could demand increased salary if they overperform their contracts? Both sides have chosen financial security rather than "fairness" based on current results.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
One team looked like an actual NHL team with speed, size and structure and the other looked liked chickens with their heads cut off, running around blindly without direction...I’ll let you figure out who was who...

I feel embarrassed for having paid a lot of money for those tickets

Sadly, the player don't actually feel embarrassed for that, and that's what matters...

Reactions: Love the Penguins

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Wouldn't it be fair if they also got a hefty bonus for every goal, assist, win, etc.? Or could demand increased salary if they overperform their contracts? Both sides have chosen financial security rather than "fairness" based on current results.

1) many of them do have statistical bonuses in their contracts

2) increased salary for overperforming their current contracts comes in form of super inflated next contracts.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Considering the tough schedule they are going to have in the 2nd half of the season, this attitude is borderline criminal. How can they be so stupid and shortsighted? The only explanation I can come up with - they don't care about winning anymore, at least not enough to put forth consistent effort to achieve it.

I still can't figure out if this guy is a troll.....

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
It’s just a January loss to a western conference team who was hot. No big deal.

It’s better than say losing to Chicago or LA. The other teams are trying to win too.

Murray played well in the loss.

Right. Especially in the first Sharks goal.

And with 4.00 GAA in the last two starts.

Reality is - Murray is back to his usual crappy self. The Stanley Cup Murray is long gone, maybe even forever.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
I still can't figure out if this guy is a troll.....

The only thing that boggles my mind more than Penguins consistent lack of motivation and effort - is some people's consistent and manic willingness to see "trolling" in other people's expressions of justified frustration and anger.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The only thing that boggles my mind more than Penguins consistent lack of motivation and effort - is some people's consistent and manic willingness to see "trolling" in other people's expressions of justified frustration and anger.

If the ups and downs of the NHL season make you this angry, it’s probably time to look in the mirror and reevaluate your life.

I never put anyone on ignore, so I stumble upon your posts way too often before I realize it’s you, and all of your posts I’ve ever read involve calling the players “idiots” and “morons” and other ridiculous things.

You seem to crawl out from wherever as soon as things aren’t going well, and slither back when things are fine.

So you are either a troll, or someone with poor life priorities.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
You could tell that internally they viewed this game as a challenge/measuring stick. A lot of disappointment there.

Apprently he failed to convey this idea to the team.

Or the team simply wasn't listening. (Ottawa Senators players Uber revelations come to mind here)

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
If the ups and downs of the NHL season make you this angry, it’s probably time to look in the mirror and reevaluate your life.

I never put anyone on ignore, so I stumble upon your posts way too often before I realize it’s you, and all of your posts I’ve ever read involve calling the players “idiots” and “morons” and other ridiculous things.

You seem to crawl out from wherever as soon as things aren’t going well, and slither back when things are fine.

So you are either a troll, or someone with poor life priorities.

You are entitled to an opinion, buddy. I don't mind that at all.

That said, in my opinion, there are "ups and downs", and then there is complete lack of accountability and willingness to play competitive hockey. In my mind these are two very different things.

Anyway, thanks for not putting me on "ignore". Appreciate that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad