Sharkies weekly 2004 Entry draft scouting reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comrie_fan

Nov 25, 2002
Qc
Visit site
Roman Tomanek

Mister X-Shakie What do u think of ROMAN TOMANEK and Stanislav Lazsek of QMHL. Is he a drak horse in the draft ???

Thanks a lot for an answer :)

By the way good job

Yan

Last edited:

Lord

Vlad The Impaler said:
Weird question coming from someone sporting a Sens avatar ;)

No, Volchenkov does not have a big offensive upside.
His last season in Russia two years ago was impressive in terms of points.
4+15 in 47 games. Very good for a defender in our lowscoring superleague.
Maybe Volchenkov is just locked on the 3-rd defencive pair in Ottawa?

X-SHARKIE

Comrie_fan said:
Mister X-Shakie What do u think of ROMAN TOMANEK and Stanislav Lazsek of QMHL. Is he a drak horse in the draft ???

Thanks a lot for an answer :)

By the way good job

Yan

Can't help you there on Tomanek...but Lascek is definitly a sleeper pick....I'm sold on him...He has really taken his game to a new level I hear in the playoffs.....Great to see. Lascek shows consistant improvement in his game ...game in game out...Mabey he's just hitting his stride now? He is one smart cookie....Goes un noticed by the opposition in the offensive zone and much like Brett Hull he finds him self wide open in scoring areas....He has a nice shot to boot...can move the puck exceptionally well and shows playmaking qualities. Solid puck skiills and skating ability.... Not physical, not a teddy bear, but he needs to put on some weight.... Could be a great pick in the 3rd round.
Bulking up, improve skating should be his goal this summer.

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:

Hehe. Sorry Vlad I don't mean to pick on you but you have the wrong Volchenkov. He was asking about ROMAN Volchenkov who is a raising LW for his years draft. Not ANTON the guy on the Sens.

st_roland

Vlad The Impaler said:

Not actually a big sens fan, Im just about to watch them when they play on ESPN or vs. the Capitals. I was pretty bitter about the hated Leafs destroying them in game seven though and decided to take my express my frustration in my avatar. The Avs are my favorite team though.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Roman Tomanek is a late-riser. He's very smart in the offensive zone, the puck seems to find him. Very cool and deliberate with the puck- he can bury it. A solid, but not great skater. He needs to fill out too, right now he relies more on stealth than on muscle.
That scoring instinct should see him become a day one pick at the draft.

X-SHARKIE

Comrie_fan said:
Many persons said about Lascek he have no speed what do u think about that ??

He has a good first step but yes he's not a good skater..he's average...nothing to bad...but he isnt a good/great skater...just average.

He works his ass off to though.....I like him overall. His Skating could be improved with a better work ethic in the gym IMO.

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:
any one want me to report on a certain player next week?

JOHN CARTER NEW YORK JUNIOR A:

"John Carter -- Never mind rising -- how about the fact that he's even on the list? Who is he and where did he come from? No matter what level of competition he's playing against, great size, soft hands, puck skills, and vision will always get you noticed eventually."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/woodlief/2004-04-22-woodlief_x.htm

"African-American John Carter, a New York suburban high school player who was off the radar, has created a bit of a stir a couple of months before the draft. He's a 6-4 center who used to play in the Detroit Compuware organization, and didn't play at all last season. He went to the Hockey Night in Boston game and scouts came away believing he could land in the first three rounds. He's an excellent skater."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=usatoday-sharksmaketherightattac&prov=usatoday&type=lgns

Comrie_fan

Nov 25, 2002
Qc
Visit site
Do u have any info about Jakup Cech Goalie of Sault st-Marie. The only thing I said is he is one of the most young goalie to made the jump in the upper league in Czech last year....

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Sharkie, or anyone following the OHL... do you think Valabik has the upside to be a top 20 pick in this year's draft? I heard he's great defensively, but has close to no offensive upside. Is there any truth to this? Thanks in advance.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Askel said:
Thanks for a great thread sharkie.

DO you got any info on Bryan Bickell, if so please share it with me...

He did a nice write up on him earlier. If you go back through the pages of this thread you will find it.

He is a powerforward type who if he hits his mark will be a good one and if he doesn't should at least be able to be a solid checking forward. Two way game is good as are his hands. He is a competent player with some good upside.

X-SHARKIE

HiggsFan said:
Sharkie, or anyone following the OHL... do you think Valabik has the upside to be a top 20 pick in this year's draft? I heard he's great defensively, but has close to no offensive upside. Is there any truth to this? Thanks in advance.

He's not bad offensivly really...He may not skate well, but he has great puck poise, and makes very safe and smart passes. He has a rocket of a shot to boot.
Zdeno Chara is perfect comparison...He's a mean monster one on one and is a shut down defensman.

Going top 20 would be a safe bet.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
punchy1 said:
He did a nice write up on him earlier. If you go back through the pages of this thread you will find it.

He is a powerforward type who if he hits his mark will be a good one and if he doesn't should at least be able to be a solid checking forward. Two way game is good as are his hands. He is a competent player with some good upside.

Thanks man. i´ll go back and check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->