Shanny needs to file a formal protest/complaint regarding the refs

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Ahhh.

The NHL fan base.

A collective group of people that believe the Refs/League conspire against every 31 teams.

Nothing new here. Move along.

Reactions: qqaz

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Ahhh.

The NHL fan base.

A collective group of people that believe the Refs/League conspire against every 31 teams.

Are they all behind 16-3 in power plays. Including a penalty shot and a player trying to spear a player through the ref?

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
A team as quick as us have the second lowest power play time?? How??? Shanahan, just ask, why is this happening and have video of the noncalls in the past two games.
Look closer. That's over the last FOUR YEARS combined... 2016-now. Pretty much since Matthews and Marner arrived. It's pretty clear the NHL is afraid the Leafs might actually do some damage with their PP if they got it as often as, say, Tampa Bay does...

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
that link goes to tge Philly game. what gives?

upload_2019-10-22_0-28-18.png

upload_2019-10-22_0-29-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-22_0-26-59.png
    upload_2019-10-22_0-26-59.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 3

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Are they all behind 16-3 in power plays. Including a penalty shot and a player trying to spear a player through the ref?

So those are the early stats.

For there to be an actual conspiracy... let’s determine what the league stands to gain as a result of punishing the team that is owned by the media giants in the country that signed a record tv deal.

A punishment that would have to be directed across all officials and executive in charge of officiating since this is supposedly more than just a game. Something they trust all officials to keep their mouths shut about from now until the end of time.

Let’s hear it.

Reactions: killmak and qqaz

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Look closer. That's over the last FOUR YEARS combined... 2016-now. Pretty much since Matthews and Marner arrived. It's pretty clear the NHL is afraid the Leafs might actually do some damage with their PP if they got it as often as, say, Tampa Bay does...

I don't think it's the NHL per se...I think it's in the subconscious of some of these refs who are Leaf bias reffing the games...let a few calls go here and there during this period or that and during this game or that...who will notice right? They won't even be called out or disciplined for it, so you'd think, who cares right? But this is an extremely large sample size and has added up over the last few years to what it is right now...and it's continuing again this year.

The thing is, there are alot of crappy teams with much less talent, and less offensive threat, less puck possession drawing more penalties than the Leafs...it's laughable how bias the officiating is.

Last edited:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Ahhh.

The NHL fan base.

You think fixed pro sports is something new and unproven?

Get with the times my friend.

Reactions: Superstar

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
A team as quick as us have the second lowest power play time?? How??? Shanahan, just ask, why is this happening and have video of the noncalls in the past two games.

It's only the 2nd lowest because Vegas came into the league 2 years ago...the Leafs are the lowest when you account for games played...and the trend started when the team became good again after drafting Matthews and Marner.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
It's only the 2nd lowest because Vegas came into the league 2 years ago...the Leafs are the lowest when you account for games played...and the trend started when the team became good again after drafting Matthews and Marner.

Impartiality is very well emphasized in any refereeing or judging related to sport.

It's like the Texas State Athletic Commission or the combat sports commissions in the UK constantly giving highly controversial decisions in boxing and MMA fighters to the home boy. Impartiality has not been part of their repertoire over there for a very long time.

Lots of debate to be had if the Leafs are receiving proper impartiality from the officials.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I would be willing to bet it lines up perfectly with when Babcock called out the referees the year before Matthews and Marner came up for the first time (the year they finished dead last).

ElbowLander

Jan 12, 2018
Just in case anyone was wondering the ref who officiated that disaster tonight was Jean Hebert the same ref who officiated game 1 of the Leafs Bruins playoff series in which Boston got away with everything and Kadri felt like he had to take the game into his own hands and got suspended. Same piece of trash tonight. That game cost him round 2 and probably some healthy bonus money. Now you know why the leafs lost

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Agree the reffing was totally CRAP but common this team just freakin stands around and puck watches get out worked, out played and out muscled even in games we have won, this team is not satisfying to watch because they are soft as whip cream, nobody knocks anybody down tonight from guys coming with the puck from the back of our net, or standing right in front all alone. Mathews with a half effort letting a guy half his size walk out from the back corner right out in front shovelling the puck past Anderson I think on the second or third goal, Our whole defense and zone coverage looks lost in space its abysmal so many other things I not even going to bother mentioning but this team is NOT unified at all as of yet tons of mistakes everywhere on the ice.
Matthews was definitely not great on that goal I agree. However in what freakin universe is PLD half of Matthews' size? Be real dude. PLD is a helluva player. #3 overall pick. 6'3" and 220 pounds. He's a Matthews twin in terms of physical size but players a harder game than him but also isn't as skilled obviously.

I'm so happy CBJ took him because if they took Poolparty and Oil ended up with PLD, I'd be shitting my pants.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Just in case anyone was wondering the ref who officiated that disaster tonight was Jean Hebert the same ref who officiated game 1 of the Leafs Bruins playoff series in which Boston got away with everything and Kadri felt like he had to take the game into his own hands and got suspended. Same piece of trash tonight. That game cost him round 2 and probably some healthy bonus money. Now you know why the leafs lost

Surely all just coincidence :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
You're right, the last two games has been pretty bad, but I don't think that they're conspiring against the Leafs, they've made a few mistakes, let's hope that it evens out as the year goes on.

Reactions: hullsy47 and qqaz

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Care to elaborate on what "environmental factor" would lead to this? Bottom line is that the Leafs make money regardless of their success, while the league at large in no way benefits from it.
Well certain scents, colours etc produce a different vibe. Do you feel different walking into a bright sunny open space vs a dark tight and dingy space?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Shanny needs to worry about the team first before the refs.
Like it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog.
It's very rare this team puts together a fight from start to finish. Out of 18 minutes of ice time a night, too many are gone for 8-10 of them.
Better D, better backup goaltending and better 2 way players with drive are needed.
Then call the league.

Reactions: CDN24 and Cobra777

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
There's no conspiracy. But there have been a lot of officiating faults lately. I'm sure some of the refs have even been shown some of the bad ones, like the spear on Muzzin. Things will even out a bit more with time.

I've said before, the way this team is built will result in less penalties for/against. So it's not a huge surprise when there's fewer calls. We'll probably be near the bottom for PP opportunities for the whole year, just because we take less and draw less with our skilled game and lack of enforcers/disturbers.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
You're right, the last two games has been pretty bad, but I don't think that they're conspiring against the Leafs, they've made a few mistakes, let's hope that it evens out as the year goes on.
Kinda like being on the road in college basketball
When Bobby knight coached Indiana lol
U got bent over by halftime
But the leafs are all doing alot of the nylander reaching
When the guys making 750 k see the multi millionaires doing it
They start thinking f*** it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->