Shanny needs to file a formal protest/complaint regarding the refs

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
A team as quick as us have the second lowest power play time?? How??? Shanahan, just ask, why is this happening and have video of the noncalls in the past two games.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Babcock saying his team taking legit penalties which is fine.

You can't deny the Refs are calling the same rules on the other team.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
That’s actually a crazy statistic. I wonder if it’s some sort of an environmental factor. Not the f the leafs bias that some fans try to cry about, but a psychological one that you wouldn’t notice.
Care to elaborate on what "environmental factor" would lead to this? Bottom line is that the Leafs make money regardless of their success, while the league at large in no way benefits from it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It was funny when Gauthier took that chintzy call that resulted in the game tying goal, and yet a few minutes later they chop him down like a red wood in front of the Columbus penalty and all four officials are counting their bribes on the ice.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Agree the reffing was totally CRAP but common this team just freakin stands around and puck watches get out worked, out played and out muscled even in games we have won, this team is not satisfying to watch because they are soft as whip cream, nobody knocks anybody down tonight from guys coming with the puck from the back of our net, or standing right in front all alone. Mathews with a half effort letting a guy half his size walk out from the back corner right out in front shovelling the puck past Anderson I think on the second or third goal, Our whole defense and zone coverage looks lost in space its abysmal so many other things I not even going to bother mentioning but this team is NOT unified at all as of yet tons of mistakes everywhere on the ice.

Reactions: coupe93 and 67leafs

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Agree the reffing was totally CRAP but common this team just freakin stands around and puck watches get out worked, out played and out muscled even in games we have won, this team is not satisfying to watch because they are soft as whip cream, nobody knocks anybody down tonight from guys coming with the puck from the back of our net, or standing right in front all alone. Mathews with a half effort letting a guy half his size walk out from the back corner right out in front shovelling the puck past Anderson I think on the second or third goal, Our whole defense and zone coverage looks lost in space its abysmal so many other things I not even going to bother mentioning but this team is NOT unified at all as of yet tons of mistakes everywhere on the ice.
Dubois is actually taller than Matthews and is a power forward. That's his MO. Yes he slipped Matthews (who thought he stole the puck) but Marincin absolutely needed to step out on him there instead of weakly poke-checking from the crease.

Reactions: 67leafs

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
That’s actually a crazy statistic. I wonder if it’s some sort of an environmental factor. Not the f the leafs bias that some fans try to cry about, but a psychological one that you wouldn’t notice.

A team as quick as us have the second lowest power play time?? How??? Shanahan, just ask, why is this happening and have video of the noncalls in the past two games.

Power play TIME is not the best stat, considering the success the Leafs have had on the PP the past few seasons. It's PP opportunities that are a better indicator, although it's not much better there either (5th from the bottom).

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Power play TIME is not the best stat, considering the success the Leafs have had on the PP the past few seasons. It's PP opportunities that are a better indicator, although it's not much better there either (5th from the bottom).
Good point but the gist of my query stands, 5th from the bottom? How?

Reactions: 67leafs

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
The Leafs were dead last in the league at drawing powerplays last season.

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
and it was just as baffling and frustrating last season as it has been this season.
Yeah, the fact that Leafs management hasn't called it out is even more appealing. Maybe they have behind closed doors, but there's somethimg shady happening here. The Leafs are hosed way too consistently, and it happened in game 2 of the playoffs too.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
NHL.com - Stats
welcome to the club . The Bruins went through this and were dead last in those years . I often thought it was a conspiracy but after a coaching change it all improved so maybe thats that .
I definitely understand the frustration

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, the fact that Leafs management hasn't called it out is even more appealing. Maybe they have behind closed doors, but there's somethimg shady happening here. The Leafs are hosed way too consistently, and it happened in game 2 of the playoffs too.

That was easily the worst officiated game i have ever seen, topping any raptors-cavs playoff games. And that's saying something.

I don't understand why they refuse to make calls. We have arguably the most skilled/fastest team in the league, our guys get hooked/held and god damn even laid out at centre ice without the puck and cant get a fricken call. It makes watching games so frustrating, there's legit video evidence of obvious blown calls over the last 2 games. Refs need to be held accountable and should face similar penalties for crap like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad