Player Discussion Shane Pinto (C) - PART 2

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Ottawa has now solved it's top two centre spots regardless of what L. Brown does. The top line of Tkachuk, Norris & Batherson has been great in some games even dominating games at times & the Stutzle, Pinto & C. Brown line last night dominated that game. I have thought for a while that Pinto would make his way into the top six eventually, but I didn't think it would be this season.

Last edited:

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Thus guy is one helluva player. I think he's gonna be a future selke winner. He does all the little details well already. When he grows stronger and gets more experienced in the league hes really gonna be a force. Not like Brady, but quietly like Bergeron in Boston. Not saying he is better or will be better then Bergeron, just his play is in that quiet style of dominance

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Pinto is like an initial offering for a bitcoin $0.08. Well, now Pinto is worth like 200$ for one bit. If I would be NHL GM, I would offer anything Dorion wants right now for that guy. Those Bergeron like clones do not come to the league very often.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I personally think we are set for a couple years with
Norris
Pinto
White.. Not a true franchise 1C in there but where you going to get one? They are all growing their games. I can't wait to see Pinto by this time next year.

Edit: if Logan Brown can push Pinto to 3C even better. I don't think he will but never say never

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Norris
Pinto
White.. Not a true franchise 1C in there but where you going to get one? They are all growing their games. I can't wait to see Pinto by this time next year.

Edit: if Logan Brown can push Pinto to 3C even better. I don't think he will but never say never

Agreed, and have been saying this for a while. If we can have two C's who consistently post 50+ pts, are strong, solid defensively, great on faceoffs... that's not an awful position to be in. Norris is basically already there... Pinto looks not far off at all... and, of course, they both have room to grow beyond where they're at currently.

Now, that's all well and good, but when you factor in Greig, White, Stutzle, Paul, L. Brown, Daoust, three top 45 picks this year, five top 96 picks next year... if just one of those guys ends up as a solid middle 6 C or better, we're even more well-positioned. Add in the fact that arguably our 3 best forwards will be wingers, and our two best players may be defencemen... while a bonafide franchise level C would be great, the depth at C and the high-end talent at W and D that we project to have very soon all combine to give us the necessary components of a perennial contender.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He does so many of the little things right, the many little things that make players like Bergeron invaluable. Those thing all add up and make someone a dominant player. Let's not forget that he is not your typical kid as far as path to the NHL. This player will only continue to grow into a No.1 center

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Norris
Pinto

I still see a need for a #1 C. Stutzle might be it but if he is then we need another #1 winger. White does not look like a long term C on this team. I suspect Grieg will take his spot.

Raze The Stray

Duuuuuude
Aug 5, 2009
Auto-wah
I can't remember the last time a rookie came in for us and blew the expectations out of the water in so few games. He's been incredible to watch, hard to believe an 11-game pro has such a well refined game, gonna be real pretty with a bit of polish.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I can't remember the last time a rookie came in for us and blew the expectations out of the water in so few games. He's been incredible to watch, hard to believe an 11-game pro has such a well refined game, gonna be real pretty with a bit of polish.

Zub, lol. But I know what you mean, like actual very young prospect.

Wait.. Norris lol.

Raze The Stray

Duuuuuude
Aug 5, 2009
Auto-wah
Zub, lol. But I know what you mean, like actual very young prospect.

Wait.. Norris lol.
Zub played 256 professional games before coming over and Norris had 59 before this season. I'm thrilled with both of them obviously but there was reason to have decently high expectations leading into their rookie seasons. I could have framed that better, apologies. Rookies have definitely been the theme of our year!

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I remember during the frozen four the UND announcer saying he thinks Pinto is going to win a Selke one day.

A bit premature, but I completely understand the hype.

I'm more excited about him than anyone else on the roster.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Jeez , is that actually our best 2nd round pick ever?

My hyperbolic comment does not seem as far-fetched as I had hoped it would now.

Man tough crowd. 1100+ games and team captain of an NHL team is a great pick in any round.

Agreed, and have been saying this for a while. If we can have two C's who consistently post 50+ pts, are strong, solid defensively, great on faceoffs... that's not an awful position to be in. Norris is basically already there... Pinto looks not far off at all... and, of course, they both have room to grow beyond where they're at currently.

Now, that's all well and good, but when you factor in Greig, White, Stutzle, Paul, L. Brown, Daoust, three top 45 picks this year, five top 96 picks next year... if just one of those guys ends up as a solid middle 6 C or better, we're even more well-positioned. Add in the fact that arguably our 3 best forwards will be wingers, and our two best players may be defencemen... while a bonafide franchise level C would be great, the depth at C and the high-end talent at W and D that we project to have very soon all combine to give us the necessary components of a perennial contender.

That type of Center depth is a good guarantor or success but it’s hard to win the cup without the impact 1st line Center.

What you’re describing reminds me of the 02-03 sens with Bonk-White-Fisher down the middle.

Ottawa Senators 2002-03 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

Despite winning the president’s trophy and coming within a goal of the finals, people were clamouring for that true #1 C.

Last edited:

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Greatest 2nd round pick in Senators history?
I think so. Pinto will easily surpass Fisher. Probably very quickly too. I wouldn't even rank Mike Fisher as the Sens' 2nd best 2nd rounder ever. Lehner's 2018-19 season alone is better than anything Fisher ever accomplished, and Robin could still have about a decade or so of playing left.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
we shouldn't be hunting for a C this offseason. Pinto is a capable 2C. If he isnt make a in season trade. Norris stepped up at 1C after a year of AHL. Pinto should step into 2C and struggle for a bit with just college experience but its better for him and the team long term that he doesn't play in the bottom 6.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
we shouldn't be hunting for a C this offseason. Pinto is a capable 2C. If he isnt make a in season trade. Norris stepped up at 1C after a year of AHL. Pinto should step into 2C and struggle for a bit with just college experience but its better for him and the team long term that he doesn't play in the bottom 6.
Struggling for the first 10-15 games coul dbe the difference between making the playoffs and not as we saw this past season though.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think so. Pinto will easily surpass Fisher. Probably very quickly too. I wouldn't even rank Mike Fisher as the Sens' 2nd best 2nd rounder ever. Lehner's 2018-19 season alone is better than anything Fisher ever accomplished, and Robin could still have about a decade or so of playing left.

Pinto has nothing on the legend of Alexei Kaigorodov.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
12 games an 7 pts... Bit early to be putting so much on the kids shoulders. I like him but we need to pump the brakes a bit here.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad