Player Discussion Shane Pinto (C) - PART 2

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I want to see him take the left wall position on PP2.

Against the Habs they had him on the right and C. Brown on the left and despite Brown having a great year and improving a ton he wasn't comfortable and took too long to make decisions.

Pinto has excelled in that spot and can rip onetimers comfortably from there. Stützle set him up 5-5 once but his shot deflected off a defenders stick.

Let's put Pinto in his natural habitat and see how he does.

I'd like to see that too on PP1... that would take Stutzle off PP1

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I doubt he sees a minute in the A next year unless it's injury rehab.

He's going to be good

Reactions: aragorn
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Jeez , is that actually our best 2nd round pick ever?

My hyperbolic comment does not seem as far-fetched as I had hoped it would now.
Most of our non-first round pick steals are in much later rounds.

But even then, Fisher was a very good 2nd line center for a lot of years.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
He's been remarkable. The offence (points and chances) is pretty amazing for a non-elite offensive prospect. There's no way he's not a top nine forward next year.

Long term Pinto looks like the centre we're going to line up against the other teams top dog. The combo of size and ability is really something.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Pinto has shown that he has top six potential & along with Norris make two very good centres that this team has desperately needed. He is excellent in the faceoff circle, he's very good defensively & he is accumulating pts offensively, along with Stutzle & C. Brown make for a pretty good line. Now we need to create a very good 3rd line for next yr that can chip in offensively too & right now I like Formenton - L. Brown - Sokolov.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Like... what is this guy's ceiling? Seems like there isn't one. Very hard to place.

Obviously early, but I think Pinto is AT LEAST a 2nd line centre over the course of his career, given the skills and aptitudes he has demonstrated so far. Enters the zone crisply like Batherson, turnover machine, great passing, and only his D+2 year. Crazy.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He's just so polished. I thinks he's already an NHLer. I always saw 3rd line potential until this past season. If he can become a top 6 centre that can hold his own at both ends of the ice, then suddenly we have two of those. Which is excellent.

Surprised me. Looks more impressive than he did in college

Legit. I am happily(understatement) surprised.

You might want to go back and rewatch his collegiate games then

He wasn't wrong. Pinto looks much more polished and composed with the puck in tight spaces than he did in College. Playing with Brown is perfect for him. In College he looked like he had one gear, so far he's been playing at various paces--which is what a top 6 C needs I am ecstatic with what I am seeing. Just stellar. He is playing similar to the way he showcased in WJC's.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
The more I watch him play, the more I see Sean Couturier v2.
He’s so poised as a rookie who only has 10 games of NHL experience. But when he’s out there on the ice he looks like a 10 year vet.
Keep this guy next to Jimmy, and we’re going to be successful moving forward.

Reactions: NB613 and guyzeur

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He's got a ton of strengths. How many points he ultimately puts up will determine future contract value. He certainly has the size and instincts to play a smothering shut down role

Crookshank

Brandon
Apr 18, 2021
I think Pinto has shown that he has top six potential & along with Norris make two very good centres that this team has desperately needed. He is excellent in the faceoff circle, he's very good defensively & he is accumulating pts offensively, along with Stutzle & C. Brown make for a pretty good line. Now we need to create a very good 3rd line for next yr that can chip in offensively too & right now I like Formenton - L. Brown - Sokolov.
Agreed, i really like the Stutz - Pinto - C. Brown line going forward. For the next line I like Formenton - N. Paul - Abramov for next season. I dont want to add L. Brown to projections until he can string some healthy games together. I think Abramov deserves a look over Sokolov for next year. Find out what you have while Sokolov improves skating.

Also im not sure how White, Tierney, Dadonov, Dzingle fit on this team, they don't look like traditional 4th line players but maybe that doesn't matter when you have Brady on your 1st line

(disclaimer: I like 4th RW - A. Watson. I want him to live their)

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
he looks huge out there. Winning battles, going into traffic with confidence. Seems like he is a very good athlete with lots of power to his game. Imposing his will on the game as a rookie has been impressive to watch. Very interested to see how he develops next season.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I didn't watch a lot of UND games but I see why he was a top 3 Hobey Baker finalist. He's definitely a high end two way player.

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->