Shane McColgan and Tyson Teichman?

cheechoo1860

Feb 5, 2009
www.forumice.com
McColgan has been a disappointment this season. Everyone here in kelowna expected him to shred the league apart this year, and the spot light is being stolen by fellow linemate Mitch Callahan who is the reason for most of McColgans points (mostly assists). McColgan just hasnt played well this year, he is also very small. I would be surprised if he ever makes the NHL. Too small and too arrogant IMO.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Tyson Teichmann,Lose is no1 spot to Malcolm Subban.

Teichmann: 27 7-19-1 4.25 .883

Subban: 17 5-8-2 2.77 .912

That is the issue with stats, they dont tell the story.

Teichmann has been the goaltender who plays against all the strong teams in the OHL, which severely hurts his numbers. While Subban has been good, he is not facing the same calibre as teams.

Teichmann is suffering the same issues as goaltender Andrew D'Agostini has had in Peterborough, and Clint Windor has suffered in Barrie. Starting on a team that is young and rebuilding.

Very rarely has any young goaltender on a rebuilding team been able to survive the expectations of fans. Has he been great? Not at all, however in stead of looking at the tape and seeing the poor decisions that the defenceman are making, the poor defensive zone coverage the forwards are providing, they simply blame the goaltender.

It happens on every level of hockey from house league the the NHL.

Put Teichman on a top team, and he would do well. He is struggling to an extent, but when a team gives up 2-3 times the offensive chances as it generates, thats bound to put significant pressure on any goaltender.

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
That is the issue with stats, they dont tell the story.

Teichmann has been the goaltender who plays against all the strong teams in the OHL, which severely hurts his numbers. While Subban has been good, he is not facing the same calibre as teams.

Teichmann is suffering the same issues as goaltender Andrew D'Agostini has had in Peterborough, and Clint Windor has suffered in Barrie. Starting on a team that is young and rebuilding.

Very rarely has any young goaltender on a rebuilding team been able to survive the expectations of fans. Has he been great? Not at all, however in stead of looking at the tape and seeing the poor decisions that the defenceman are making, the poor defensive zone coverage the forwards are providing, they simply blame the goaltender.

It happens on every level of hockey from house league the the NHL.

Put Teichman on a top team, and he would do well. He is struggling to an extent, but when a team gives up 2-3 times the offensive chances as it generates, thats bound to put significant pressure on any goaltender.

totally agree, hence this post. being that i am the only kid in florida that cares about the ohl (or even knows what it stands for, for that matter) i have no access to any games. i do follow it online though, and i knew teichmann from last years u17s and cause he was bellevilles 1st rounder in 2009. from what i saw, i really thought he looked good, and had 1st round potential. he probably still does, but his ranking will bump him down to the middle rounds. someone should definitly take a chance on him.

about mccolgan, im just shocked at how hes dropped off. the kid was the next big thing in his 1st underage year, but i guess that went to his head. seems to happen alot these days (ex. john mcfarland,kirill kabanov, seth ambroz). i dont buy the undersized thing, grimaldi and khokalchev are comparible to him, both little guys that are very skilled, and rated much higher than him. hopefully this is a wake-up call to shane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad