Speculation: Shane Doan

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The vast majority of players signed yesterday and today aren't winning cups on those teams either.

None of those are this close 40 either . Looks like Cup isn't really that important to him anyway else he would've been rented out a couple of times at the very least.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
None of those are this close 40 either . Looks like Cup isn't really that important to him anyway else he would've been rented out a couple of times at the very least.

He's explained several times that he finds being a playoff rental conceptually unappealing in that he feels it cheapens the experience. He wants to win a cup with HIS team or not at all. You and I may not agree with the that or totally understand it, but he gets to have his opinion.

Nov 24, 2006
He's explained several times that he finds being a playoff rental conceptually unappealing in that he feels it cheapens the experience. He wants to win a cup with HIS team or not at all. You and I may not agree with the that or totally understand it, but he gets to have his opinion.

And good for him. A true captain of his team. Wouldn't want to see him leave the Yotes.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
He's a legacy in Arizona. He's the last original Jet that came over with the team in 96. I'd rather see him stay there too and I completely agree with his philosophy. He's been extremely loyal to that franchise and he should get whatever he wants in return.

28 goals last year, only 30 players scored more. Just remember that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I would love to have Doan on the Sharks this year but it's not surprising that he will stay loyal to the Coyotes. It's one of his redeeming qualities since he can be a real pain in the ass to watch play against my team. lol

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
He's a legacy in Arizona. He's the last original Jet that came over with the team in 96. I'd rather see him stay there too and I completely agree with his philosophy. He's been extremely loyal to that franchise and he should get whatever he wants in return.

28 goals last year, only 30 players scored more. Just remember that.

Within reason, I'd agree. They acquired Pronger and Datsyuk for a reason. They clearly want to avoid spending money if they can. Guessing one year, 2-3m.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
The vast majority of players signed yesterday and today aren't winning cups on those teams either.

Isn't that like saying water is wet, unless it is dehydrated? :D

Love the Shane. Maybe he could come bring some heart to the NYI but IDK, I think he wants to retire.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Isn't that like saying water is wet, unless it is dehydrated? :D

Love the Shane. Maybe he could come bring some heart to the NYI but IDK, I think he wants to retire.

He considered retirement but made the decision to come back. I think he feels that they haven't done enough to improve the roster with the cap space (and budget space, even for AZ) has left. I don't really disagree with him.

I'd sign with a contender, but he values family above all else.

ArizonaCoyotes19

May 28, 2008
Winnipeg
hockeylists.com

I remember the same thing with Mats Sundin not wanting to join another team at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad