Rumor: Shane Doan update

yotefan4life

Jul 11, 2006
Just so you guys don't think I am spewing garbage and making stuff up, I have reported in the past that Tippett would get hired, specific details about the new uniforms before they were released/leaked, and even though it was widely speculated and almost known already, that Tocchet was a done deal before it was announced officially. Not saying I am some big shot, but I do have a couple people on the inside and have yet to report anything that didn't end up happening/being truthful.

My inside source with the Coyotes/Doan family has told me that the number one team interested in Doan is Tampa Bay. Contrary to online sites, San Jose has not offered him anything. If Doan had his pick he would go to Pittsburgh (shocker), but at the moment they aren't all that interested. Sounds like it is down to Tampa or retirement at the moment.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Great to hear. I've always liked Tampa Bay and I've flirted with the idea of jumping to their ship if the Coyotes move.

I'm hoping for retirement at this point, but I could root for Doaner if he played in Tampa. Give them hell, Doan!

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Just so you guys don't think I am spewing garbage and making stuff up, I have reported in the past that Tippett would get hired, specific details about the new uniforms before they were released/leaked, and even though it was widely speculated and almost known already, that Tocchet was a done deal before it was announced officially. Not saying I am some big shot, but I do have a couple people on the inside and have yet to report anything that didn't end up happening/being truthful.

My inside source with the Coyotes/Doan family has told me that the number one team interested in Doan is Tampa Bay. Contrary to online sites, San Jose has not offered him anything. If Doan had his pick he would go to Pittsburgh (shocker), but at the moment they aren't all that interested. Sounds like it is down to Tampa or retirement at the moment.

Thank you! Great to have another insider here!!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Crossing my fingers and hoping for retirement. I can't imagine Tampa being a Cup contender this year, and I can't imagine Doan fitting in with a team built on speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad