Shanahan Summit

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by RLC, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLC

RLC Registered User

Retired VP-Telco
    All reports indicat that this little get together is only to talk about the game not the lock-out but, I for one don't believe that. Yes they will talk about hockey but at the same time this will be a sounding or poll of the top hockey brains as to the determination of the NHL owners to get the cap or something that would be as good as a cap. Betmen and Goodenow are not invited. So as a side benifit the Shanahan group will get a better grasp of everyones resolve, without a Goodenow and Betman spin. Thier is no way this summit was not timed talk about " the new offer" and the response by the NHL and then the offer that will close the deal.
    This is turning out like a poker game, one guy is wareing sunglasses and not moving, the other is starting to show a few " tells". The upcomming bet will show that money talks and bul**** walks.
    Any opinions out thier?

2. DuklaNation

DuklaNation Registered User

I don't believe the timing of this 'summit' is related to the timing of the new offer from the union.

At least he recognizes there is a big problem with the quality of the game. The one thing he needs to consider is fan input. Most of the jokers he's invited are biased, short-sighted, ignorant, etc. etc.

I think the fans have the best input into this area of any group.

3. Sp5618

Sp5618 Registered User

Shanahan cleared his summit with the league and NHLPA before organizing it. He is paying for this out of his own pocket, BTW. Impressive that a guy belonging to the NHLPA actually wants to do something for the game of hockey? :handclap:

He is also scheduled to meet with Bettman following the summit, and the union [separately], to share what was discussed. I personally want to believe this is what it appears to be. One guy who wants to help fix the product the league is putting on the ice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.