TV: Shameless

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They definitely were writing Fiona to be Frank because she walked into the room when they were watching TV (Debbie and Kelly, don't remember if Carl was there, and Lip was yelling at her), and then they got up and left the room and Frank walked in and said the exact same thing that Fiona did a minute earlier.

That was a good sending off for Fiona. I like how pretty much everyone told her to leave, but with love.

Will be interesting to see what they do with that 50K. Fix the house/move to a new one? What happens with Liam?

I was reminded of Season 1 when Lip told her to leave with Steve when she had the chance to, but they wrote it such that this was the time to do it.

Thought Tami was going to disappear by the end of the episode.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They definitely were writing Fiona to be Frank because she walked into the room when they were watching TV (Debbie and Kelly, don't remember if Carl was there, and Lip was yelling at her), and then they got up and left the room and Frank walked in and said the exact same thing that Fiona did a minute earlier.

I was reminded of Season 1 when Lip told her to leave with Steve when she had the chance to, but they wrote it such that this was the time to do it.

Thought Tami was going to disappear by the end of the episode.

If she is around next season and they don't write her any differently, she'll be the most hated character quickly.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
They've been no so-subtly having Fiona becoming Frank this season. I thought she was gonna go to rehab or something and that's how they were gonna right off Rossum, but now it looks like she's doing AA.

Hopefully next season is the last one. No Fiona and no Ian, probably means more a lot more Debbie even though you can still build that season around Lip, Carl, Frank, Kev/Vi, even Liam.
This Favorite Gallagher Is Officially Returning To 'Shameless' Season 10, But It's Not Fiona

Ian's back full time lol

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Is that thing about Tami's cancer a real phenomena? Like if she has a kid it reduces her chance if getting the cancer, but only if the baby doesn't have the gene?

I can't tell if it's a real thing or if it's just a plot mechanism to up the stakes on the baby.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Rewatching with my daughter... Frank tearing up at Fiona leaving got to me.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Ian being back full time will help off set the lose of Fiona. The show gets a lot of flack but for what it is I still love seeing what the family gets up to every week it is on.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I knew Fiona was going to leave them some money. I didn't think she would leave them $50 grand. Between her fine and her charity, she has already gone through more than half the money in less than 2 days.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I knew Fiona was going to leave them some money. I didn't think she would leave them $50 grand. Between her fine and her charity, she has already gone through more than half the money in less than 2 days.

and she left the money in Debbie's care. By far the dumbest of all the Gallaghers. Debbie is not only stupid, she lacks street smarts. The rest have at least one or the other -- intelligence or street smarts.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
and she left the money in Debbie's care. By far the dumbest of all the Gallaghers. Debbie is not only stupid, she lacks street smarts. The rest have at least one or the other -- intelligence or street smarts.

Though I have to admit, this was probably the best she's "looked" in the whole show. She's actually smart about the money or the expenses of the house and stood up for her brother. Maybe there's hope for her yet.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Though I have to admit, this was probably the best she's "looked" in the whole show. She's actually smart about the money or the expenses of the house and stood up for her brother. Maybe there's hope for her yet.
Yeah, besides her emotional dilemma, she's taking charge pretty well.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
anyone watch the UK version? I just finished it last night. I didn't even know there was a UK version, I started to watch it some time ago but didn't really get into it until about the 3rd season or so and then I got hooked. It dragged on as there are a ton of episodes, I was shocked at how the US version made so many major changes. Overall I liked it, there were some really good episodes, some dumb ones and I hated how quickly they got rid of characters.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
anyone watch the UK version? I just finished it last night. I didn't even know there was a UK version, I started to watch it some time ago but didn't really get into it until about the 3rd season or so and then I got hooked. It dragged on as there are a ton of episodes, I was shocked at how the US version made so many major changes. Overall I liked it, there were some really good episodes, some dumb ones and I hated how quickly they got rid of characters.

I tried watching the Brit version.
Bought Season 1 on DVD.
Couldn't get deeper than a couple episodes, though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I tried watching the Brit version.
Bought Season 1 on DVD.
Couldn't get deeper than a couple episodes, though.

it took a while for me to get into it. I didn't care for Micky but after a few seasons they started to give him more time and he became one of the best on the show. Their debbie wasn't as annoying. They didn't have any of the gay Jesus I need my meds stuff with Ian either so his story didn't get annoying either although they had him with a girl for over a full season which didn't make a lot of sense. They did a good job with Liam but then he was just gone for good.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Not the same without Fiona.
Really? I've kind of felt her story has been a little redundant over the past few seasons. I guess everyone's stories get a little bit repetitive over 10 seasons, but Liam adventures have been fun, Frank, Kev/Veronica, Carl, Ian & Mickey will keep me coming back.

I wasn't even aware the show came back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad