TV: Shameless

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
I thought this show was supposed to be some ****** drama so I never watched it until recently. I have binge watched the first 2 seasons and been laughing my ass off

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I thought this show was supposed to be some ****** drama so I never watched it until recently. I have binge watched the first 2 seasons and been laughing my ass off

It's awesome. Comedy first, add some Drama = Fantastic.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

I binged all seven seasons in a couple months. Awesome show. Hate a lot of the characters because their idiots but still, good show

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

Yeah I thought the same thing before I checked it out. Love this show, can't wait for the new season.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
I also thought this show was a drama.

I started watching it last week and i'm almost done season 1. Its really funny!!!

It feels like an hour long version of Californication.

But i'm expecting the show to move more and more towards drama and less and less towards comedy like all these type of shows do.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I also thought this show was a drama.

I started watching it last week and i'm almost done season 1. Its really funny!!!

It feels like an hour long version of Californication.

But i'm expecting the show to move more and more towards drama and less and less towards comedy like all these type of shows do.

It keeps a pretty steady balance. Obviously with a show that's been around for so long there are ups and downs but for the most part it's consistent to what it is.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
fiona wasnt that bad in season 7

ive hated her the entire series up u til this season

carl is by far the best character at this point so it sucked they had him gone for like 5 episodes

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Carl mickie and Kev. The rest suck... but I guess that's part of why the shows so good.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
IMO Frank was great in the first few seasons.

Frank's performances in the early seasons are fantastic.

He's still great at the role now it's just that his shtick more tiring, but at the same time the characters have reflected that in their further and further rejection of him.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Doing a rewatch.

Debs from season 1 was great. A real shame what they did to her.

Original Mandy was also great. Too bad she didn't stay.

I agree with the above... Frank was so great.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
First episode of the new season aired.

I am really liking the direction with Frank this season, I feel like they are giving more meat to the young Frank vs. Lip comparison last season. Just waiting for the shoe to drop...but I feel like the fam can trust him.

Reactions: Pyromaniac

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I am really liking the direction with Frank this season, I feel like they are giving more meat to the young Frank vs. Lip comparison last season. Just waiting for the shoe to drop...but I feel like the fam can trust him.

As soon as they do.. the shoe will drop.

Everyone is on the right path*.... Which means the shit will hit the fan for all of them soon

* Except for Debbie. Anyone else have an issue with her just hanging out at bars drinking? I know they know her, but she is 16!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm on episode two of the latest season and I'm having trouble adjusting to Carl talking and Debbie's actress growing up. She's 18 now and I'm dreading if she does a nude scene someday on the show. :eek:

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Carl mickie and Kev. The rest suck... but I guess that's part of why the shows so good.

Yeah. These characters are all really flawed and we’re not supposed to love them. Kev too be honest is the only one who never really does anything to make the audience really not like him.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm about halfway through the latest episdoe and considering Emmy Rossum directed the episode herself, she's been surprisingly lot topless or wearing little clothing. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad