World Cup: SF: France vs. Belgium, 7/10/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Exciting game until that last bit. France deserves to be in the finals more than anybody else I have seen, so no complaints from me.

Reactions: PickleRick

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
So how is that anyway the same if they didn't win & you do? lol I get being defensive, but damn man. At least try to use some logic when setting up your strawmen.

My point is you’re the only person in the world that seems to prefer his team to play exciting football than winning.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
One has to ask how did Belgium/Uruguay not score a single goal against France but the walking joke that is Argentina managed 3. Football eh?
Freaky goals for two of them, as I said at the time.
Di Maria wouln't striker it again before 100 tries in training and the other was an unfortunate deflection.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Freaky goals for two of them, as I said at the time.
Di Maria wouln't striker it again before 100 tries in training and the other was an unfortunate deflection.
Pavards goal as well..:) and both Mpabbe's were or should be saveable. But that's neither here nor there.

Argentina>Belgium/Uruguay :)

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
France just shout down Belgium. What a performance by Pogba, Varane, Umtiti, Pavard, Kante...

Lloris made the clutch saves he needed to.

Mbappe will learn that he doesn't need to do that silly display in time but France did a great job seeing that game out.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
France was again a well-oiled machine with no obvious weaknesses, even though Giroud is trying his best to perform a Stephane Guivarch impression. Most impressive about them is that they've been so steady despite neither of the original full backs playing almost at all. Though it seems odd that they took guys into to squad who haven't healed in almost a month, seems like a waste of spots.

Belgium obviously have quite a few individually worse players than France, and their star players alone couldn't find a way to beat France.

Hazard again must have been the most fouled player on the pitch, it was absurd how many times he was stopped on his tracks without yellows until later in the game. The refereeing in this regard has been inconsistent throughout the tournament, and I'm not sure if France can get by as easily in the final, say against Modric.

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
I know Giroud hasn’t scored or put a shot on net, but wow has he had a great tournament.

Sure winner of the Salon D'Or in my books.
cartoon-salon-dor-winner_1oiyv346jrz3k1fit1rwp1njrb.jpg

Billy Crawford

Dec 23, 2008
Paris...ish...
Guys, if you thought this game sucked you don’t really like football/soccer. The game was at the very worst okay. This is what it looks like when both teams are more or less evenly matched in every area.

Complaining about players wasting time in a winning situation such as Mbappe (and SO many players before him) is either completely hypocritical or completely naive. I mean if a player doesn’t do that they’re not trying hard enough to win and that’s all there is to it.

I thought both teams played well enough. Hazard was good. KdB was more or less okay. Courtois was great. Belgium didn’t turn back into their usual choking selves imo. It’s just that the French side as a unit was too sound defensively. And Kante is WC MVP, I don’t even care about the final. I’d write more but I’m busy celebrating the win...

Reactions: Evilo and cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad