Sex before Hockey?

GoldenTriangle

Jan 15, 2011
Guys, guys, you're thinking about this the wrong way.

The proper strategy is to treat it as a warm-up. Assuming you have a girlfriend who will come back for more afterwards, this is what you do:

Start pumping and get your heart rate going.
Just when it's getting good and your girl wants you to finish...
DON'T!
Just leave her there dripping wet while you've got a nice adrenaline rush going on, and start heading for the game to suit up.

Granted there is the risk of pissing her off, but at the end of the night she'll be sexually frustrated enough to finish the job and potentially reward you for a good game ;)

Best. Post. Ever.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I can do it right before a game with no issues.

My secret? Let her do all the work.

Has nothing to do with the effect. Hate to sound like a huge ******, but reading through this thread actually gave me the impression that the majority of posters here are between 15-20 tops. Not everyone, obviously; there were some funny posts... but the majority.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Has nothing to do with the effect. Hate to sound like a huge ******, but reading through this thread actually gave me the impression that the majority of posters here are between 15-20 tops. Not everyone, obviously; there were some funny posts... but the majority.

I'm 29 but have a lower maturity level apparently. For me it doesn't cause me any problems at all but I just play in a laid back league where I hardly ever actually play as hard as I can.

Halifaxhab*

sex before? sex after? unless you're a high level player....do both. Hell, I'm married...If my wife showed up during a game, I'd get in a quick one while waiting for my next shift!!!!!

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Maybe not how you do it but there are different ways of doing things, when you're married you don't have to try and impress them every single time.

Still has nothing to do with it. Maybe reading the thread would be helpful.

Immediately after sex (climax - I'm assuming you reach it whether you're trying to impress or not) your body releases chemicals that create a sense of calmness and a lethargic feeling. That's whether you do any work or just say "hey, babe, get on".

If you have sex the night before, this isn't an issue because those chemicals will leave your system by the time you're hitting the ice and, in fact, the sexual activity from the night before will have actually increased testosterone production in your body.

No matter how you do it, having sex immediately before any physical activity - hockey, lifting, etc. - will impact your ability to perform at peak. There's no "secret".

Patchey*

The one time I've done it before I game, I was able to go 100% every shift no problem. I felt so energetic.

Corey Perry*

Sex before? Why not afterward! You won't be tired before the game, and maybe you might get a little something special if you played well. ;)

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Still has nothing to do with it. Maybe reading the thread would be helpful.

Immediately after sex (climax - I'm assuming you reach it whether you're trying to impress or not) your body releases chemicals that create a sense of calmness and a lethargic feeling. That's whether you do any work or just say "hey, babe, get on".

If you have sex the night before, this isn't an issue because those chemicals will leave your system by the time you're hitting the ice and, in fact, the sexual activity from the night before will have actually increased testosterone production in your body.

No matter how you do it, having sex immediately before any physical activity - hockey, lifting, etc. - will impact your ability to perform at peak. There's no "secret".

Last time I scored two goals in the game so I'm going to say that this isn't always the case. There have been plenty of times where I've rolled over and went to sleep but there is an equal amount of times I've gone on with my day with no ill effects.

TinofGrizz

Feb 5, 2010
I remember hearing an interview with Michael Irvin from the Cowboys, granted not a hockey player but it's probably still pretty tough to play in the NFL. He said that in the beginning of his career he used to abstain before games, and later saw studies saying it didn't matter either way or could possibly help him play better.

He said he was not only outraged that he abstained for so long but that he went a little overboard with it and noticed no difference in his performance on the field.

Granted the guy probably had an ounce of snow up his nose before every game, so that could of had a lot to do with it as well. Even such if a 3 time NFL superbowl winner condones it, I think I'll take his word for it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Maybe not how you do it but there are different ways of doing things, when you're married you don't have to try and impress them every single time.

More like it's just not how the body works. It has nothing to do with how much effort you put into it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->