OT: Severe Weather Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
yeah i dont see much here...

just my 2 cents- along the lines of what Bones said, i think this thread should be kept for truly severe weather events (blizzards, hurricanes, major Nor'Easters) to let people know something with a real significant impact is coming. I'm always happy to talk shop and discuss daily weather, but maybe another OT thread General Weather Discussion could be started. I know a lot of people on here rely on this thread to alert them of potential extreme weather and a prolonged general weather discussion could detract from that. just my .02....

I'm wit you guys.

CBG - go ahead and start the quasi-ordinary weather thread and show everyone your weather acumen there.

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
yeah i dont see much here...

just my 2 cents- along the lines of what Bones said, i think this thread should be kept for truly severe weather events (blizzards, hurricanes, major Nor'Easters) to let people know something with a real significant impact is coming. I'm always happy to talk shop and discuss daily weather, but maybe another OT thread General Weather Discussion could be started. I know a lot of people on here rely on this thread to alert them of potential extreme weather and a prolonged general weather discussion could detract from that. just my .02....
Done / Message received and understood now back to your regularly scheduled program

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Can somebody tell me if I’m getting out of Montreal tomorrow afternoon? 5:45pm flight to LGA.

Reactions: lazycop

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
Can somebody tell me if I’m getting out of Montreal tomorrow afternoon? 5:45pm flight to LGA.
MJF I think you get snow there but you won't be buried----even as I type the storm track is not written in stone but as of now I think you will be ok--------> thats my 2 cents . Enjoy and good luck

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
That was the craziest lighting I've ever seen in NY. Almost as intense as when I was stationed in KS. Anyone else lose power?

Edit: just realized that I wrote "wasn't instead of was"...whoops

Last edited:
Reactions: nyscene

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I got wet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190717-205322_AccuWeather.jpg
    Screenshot_20190717-205322_AccuWeather.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 7

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
When you get to around 49 or 50 years old that will stop.

Age 25: “Massive (insert: snowstorm, nor’easter, hurricane, heatwave, flooding, nuclear war)...headed to L.I.”

“Yes, dude!,
this is gonna be awesome!!!!!!!!!’

Age 50: ‘ughhh, no. Goddamitt!!’

Say whatever you want, this will be you some day, trust me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJF

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
When you get to around 49 or 50 years old that will stop.
It doesn’t help that we have a disproportionately large number of meteorologists on this board relative to the size of our fan base

Must be something in the water on LI

Reactions: danteipp

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Age 25: “Massive (insert: snowstorm, nor’easter, hurricane, heatwave, flooding, nuclear war)...headed to L.I.”

“Yes, dude!,
this is gonna be awesome!!!!!!!!!’

Age 50: ‘ughhh, no. Goddamitt!!’

Say whatever you want, this will be you some day, trust me.
That was me 10 years ago.

Me today: Come on sweetie, hurry up and retire so we can move someplace without winter.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Hope everyone is alright and no one is dealing with flooding that is too bad, this rainfall has been crazy

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
If I could move to a place that had today's weather year round and was affordable, that would be incredible. My neighbor says SoCal, but I'm not leaving one expensive state for another equally expensive state that is full of crazies

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
If I could move to a place that had today's weather year round and was affordable, that would be incredible. My neighbor says SoCal, but I'm not leaving one expensive state for another equally expensive state that is full of crazies

San Diego weather would be right up your alley minus being in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->