OT: Severe Weather Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
That storm is a very interesting one to watch.

That’s all I’m confident in saying at the moment lol

Come on! Do tell. It seems like temps will be too high for snow, but I’ll be checking this thread all week. I have family coming from Texas, and they want some white stuff.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Come on! Do tell. It seems like temps will be too high for snow, but I’ll be checking this thread all week. I have family coming from Texas, and they want some white stuff.
The way it’s looking right now there’s going to be a pretty stark temperature gradient setting up. If this storm comes together, people on the cold side will get a lot of snow, warm side a lot of rain with ice somewhere in between

Too many questions to figure out. Where does the boundary set up? How does this storm come together?

We won’t have a good feeling on that until at least late this week

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
The way it’s looking right now there’s going to be a pretty stark temperature gradient setting up. If this storm comes together, people on the cold side will get a lot of snow, warm side a lot of rain with ice somewhere in between

Too many questions to figure out. Where does the boundary set up? How does this storm come together?

We won’t have a good feeling on that until at least late this week
Great stuff. I’ll be checking.

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
Very interesting 2 week stretch setting up. Weak wave Friday, bigger weekend storm. First week of Feb has a lot of potential for an extremely cold and snowy scenario

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Very interesting 2 week stretch setting up. Weak wave Friday, bigger weekend storm. First week of Feb has a lot of potential for an extremely cold and snowy scenario

1. Yes, lots of potential Sunday and for the following 3 weeks at least.
2. NittanyIsle, you go to PSU?
3. Winter finally acting like, well...winter.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
Gfs just have our area a huge storm for next weekend. Just have to worry about supression with the high to the North. But insane temp gradient can make this storm dump a lot of snow on someone.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
So are we looking at the potential for a storm the weekend of the 19th, 26th, or 2nd? And what days are estimated?

Thanks.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
So are we looking at the potential for a storm the weekend of the 19th, 26th, or 2nd? And what days are estimated?

Thanks.

storm targets are the 19th and 26th, then maybe again the 29th....very active period starting the 19th...probably continues for several weeks. much colder too.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Can't believe the meteorologists and especially air traffic controllers here. I was expecting more entry level gigs.

Last edited:

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Class of 2010, Meteorology

Nothing personal, but I like my meteorologists about 22 y.o. in heels and of the female persuasion. Male meteoroligists = Male Islanders ice cleaners. :eek:

Photoshop yourself over this girl and I'll start a poll.

ET3.png

Last edited:

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Your name is nosebleed and you and your family want some white stuff????

Dude - It’s not that kind of site.

Reactions: Nosebleed40

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Nothing personal, but I like my meteorologists about 22 y.o. in heels and of the female persuasion. Male meteoroligists = Male Islanders ice cleaners. :eek:

Photoshop yourself over this girl and I'll start a poll.

ET3.png
I’m pretty sure that’s a picture of TeamKidd right there.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Any idea what mystic Connecticut is going to get? I'm heading up Friday for the weekend and will be coming back Monday would hate to have to travel in a mess.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Me too man. 18 more months here. There's just no teaching gigs on the island

Luckily I am still a junior in college, but I can already tell it's not happening. I'll be certified birth-5th grade, what about you?

Where are you moving? Girlfriend and I both going for teaching, although she's dual language so she may have an easier time than I would to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad