Several Pittsburgh Penguins prospects vying for final NHL roster spots

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
brian_dumoulin_pittsburgh_091314.jpg
Photo: Defenseman Brian Dumoulin is expected to see a fair amount of time in the NHL in 2014-15. Dumoulin spent the majority of the 2013-14 season in the AHL with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. (courtesy of Mark Spowart/Icon Sportswire)

The Pittsburgh Penguins will begin a new era in 2014-15, with a new coach, new management team, and an overhauled roster at the NHL and minor league levels. For the first time in a while, the organization is deep at every position and there should be a lot of competition within the prospect pool for the remaining open spots on the NHL roster.… read more

The post Several Pittsburgh Penguins prospects vying for final NHL roster spots appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Ian Altenbaugh

May 24, 2008
Pittsburgh
Rookie tournament I believe.

Yeah Rookie tournament. Dumoulin was more or less the veteran leader throughout prospect camp and the tournament.

Say what you want about the preseason and rookie tournaments (I obviously enjoy them), but as an editor at HF, it's great to be able to run photos of these prospects playing in the NHL uniforms.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Yeah Rookie tournament. Dumoulin was more or less the veteran leader throughout prospect camp and the tournament.

Say what you want about the preseason and rookie tournaments (I obviously enjoy them), but as an editor at HF, it's great to be able to run photos of these prospects playing in the NHL uniforms.

Yeah, no biggie, I was just curious. Bit of an oddity seeing the "C" on anyone else in that jersey. I'm surprised they gave out the "C" in all honesty since technically is was still the "Pittsburgh Penguins" playing in the tourney, but I guess it's different since it's only rookie eligibility.

Definitely threw me for a loop for a minute. For a split second my mind went down the route of: "did they photoshop Dumo's face on Sid's body?" :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad