Value of: Several Kings players

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
The fact that not a single Kings fan would bemoan the loss of Forbort, Toffoli, or Carter tells you a lot about their worth. And it's not an age thing either...Forbort and Toffoli are just entering their prime age-wise. All three were truly terrible this year. Forbort is what he is...a 3rd pairing depth defenseman totally miscast in his role in LA. Toffoli just seems to have totally lost his game in the last year and a half. Carter might have been feeling the effects of his injury the year before or he might be done...but with 3 years left on his contract he will be very difficult for Blake to move.

I think u need to check your "facts" i am willing to bet there will be a ton of king fans bitching about any one of them being traded should they bounce back to normal or above average years. Also I am a kings fan that will bitch about fair value for any trades made of the 3 kings u mention. So your wrong again already so no need to wait on it

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I think u need to check your "facts" i am willing to bet there will be a ton of king fans *****ing about any one of them being traded should they bounce back to normal or above average years. Also I am a kings fan that will ***** about fair value for any trades made of the 3 kings u mention. So your wrong again already so no need to wait on it

Given that the key verbs you used in your response were ****, I have no idea what you are trying to say. As to how Kings fans feel about them, you and I must be reading different fan boards. The LA board on HF is filled with vitriol and contempt when discussing those three players. Of course there are those "bouncing back to normal" discussions but that is only in the hope that the Kings can dump them on some other unsuspecting team at the next TDL. Time will tell on that front...maybe the new coach can succeed where others failed. Can you at least admit that their trade value as of this moment is virtually nil?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Given that the key verbs you used in your response were ****, I have no idea what you are trying to say. As to how Kings fans feel about them, you and I must be reading different fan boards. The LA board on HF is filled with vitriol and contempt when discussing those three players. Of course there are those "bouncing back to normal" discussions but that is only in the hope that the Kings can dump them on some other unsuspecting team at the next TDL. Time will tell on that front...maybe the new coach can succeed where others failed. Can you at least admit that their trade value as of this moment is virtually nil?

The stared out word was witch with a b You know as well as anyone knows
kings fans love to 2nd guess anything this team does. As for the rest i will "bemoan " any bad trade Blake makes. If he makes a deal that makes us better i will be okay with it but to trade any of the 3 for nothing or less then i feel there worth I will complain which was what your post was saying fans wouldn't do. I disagree i actually think forbort and toffoli have trade value Your free to disagree which i'm almost positive u will :)

As far as reading Hf yes the majority of the kings board is full of doom and gloom but u made the mistake of lumping all the fans in one mess something that is wrong to do There is always the rare fan or naive however u wish to phase it feel free that feels different.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

I disagree. Obviously some of the players are worth more than others , but to say that Martinez or Toffoli have virtually no value is flat out wrong. Yes kings fans have bitched and moaned and thrown their players under the bus this year, but the team had about the worst coach in the league and finished virtually dead last. No one is going to look great in that situation.

I think also it is not so much a case of wanting to ditch useless players on some sucker, more trying to get some value on players not fitting our timeline.

It will be another year or two of pain for this franchise at least.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I'm sorry but the guys that will be on the block to move will be the last "core" players...

Quick
Carter
Martinez
Lewis
Phanuef [not a core guy] (more likely a buyout candidate)

Movable but not on the block unless something worth it comes in the trade: Toffoli & Kovalchuk

The Kings are looking to lower their team age to 24-25 years old.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
I have a question or two about Kopi if you don't mind.
Does he have any kind of NTC/NMC?
I know it was a real crappy season but he looked extra slow. Injury or just a case of seasonal blahs?
Sorry to hijack
NMC through 20129, NTC through 2023

Reactions: Groo

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If the Kings are ‘rebuilding’ is there any deal where the Flames could dump Neal + some futures (even our 1st) and get a useful player back the other way?

Imo no thank you to him biggest reason is nothing to do with him per say Its the fact he would be blocking a roster spot for a younger king to blossom out of no where. In fact thinking about it we have to many forwards already to add more to them

Reactions: InfinityIggy

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I disagree. Obviously some of the players are worth more than others , but to say that Martinez or Toffoli have virtually no value is flat out wrong. Yes kings fans have *****ed and moaned and thrown their players under the bus this year, but the team had about the worst coach in the league and finished virtually dead last. No one is going to look great in that situation.

I think also it is not so much a case of wanting to ditch useless players on some sucker, more trying to get some value on players not fitting our timeline.

It will be another year or two of pain for this franchise at least.

I never mentioned Martinez because obviously he does still have value. I disagree on Toffoli...some team may take a chance on him but he's struggling, overpaid, and one year away from UFA status. Definitely not a seller's market for him.

Will be interesting to see if the Kings are big players in the free agency market this summer. I'm still skeptical that a team with over $30 million committed long-term to Doughty, Quick, Kopitar, and Brown can just tank for the next several years without trying to get better sooner. I think the lottery really hurt them...instead of getting a star in Hughes or Kakko, they are going to have to settle for a very good player at #5. A player that is likely three years away from contributing full-time. Realistically, none of their current prospects are likely to make the team next year other than Grunstrom. It's going to be an interesting summer for them.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Martinez to Dallas is interesting to me. Our top three is strong, but we could really use someone better than Polak on that second pair.

Stumbling Jack

Jan 4, 2013
Valencia
If the Kings are ‘rebuilding’ is there any deal where the Flames could dump Neal + some futures (even our 1st) and get a useful player back the other way?

Blake won't take Neals contract unless it's huge overpayment. He can't afford another bad contract w/ a lot of term. I can't see a deal working w/ Neal and LA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->