Value of: Several Kings players

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
The Kings are supposedly looking to get a little younger and probably look for a new direction. What picks or prospects/players under 23 would you offer for these guys. LA could retain if worthwhile.

Toffoli (RW) former 30 goal scorer many moons ago

Tyler Toffoli Stats and News

Forbort (LD) Plays big minutes with our golden boy, doesn't always look dreadful but would suit a lesser role better

Derek Forbort Stats and News

Carter (C) one of our aging snipers, Looked as flat as a pancake for a lot of the season, but has scoring pedigree

Jeff Carter Stats and News

Also perhaps Kovalchuck, Lewis and Martinez

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
As you think im overpaying?? I still believe kopitar is a top center in the league and im more than happy to pay that. You can take neal too if you think its too much lol

Its a risky move for the flames to do. Kopi is getting up there in age. He absolutely is a top center, but is coming off a weak season with a big contract.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Its a risky move for the flames to do. Kopi is getting up there in age. He absolutely is a top center, but is coming off a weak season with a big contract.
I have a question or two about Kopi if you don't mind.
Does he have any kind of NTC/NMC?
I know it was a real crappy season but he looked extra slow. Injury or just a case of seasonal blahs?
Sorry to hijack

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I have a question or two about Kopi if you don't mind.
Does he have any kind of NTC/NMC?
I know it was a real crappy season but he looked extra slow. Injury or just a case of seasonal blahs?
Sorry to hijack

I think he has a full nmc, not sure though. I dont think kopi was carrying any significant injury. The whole team had a bad preseason and it went south from there.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Oof i didnt realize kopitar will be 32 before next season starts... I think a trade between monahan and kopitar shortens our window but our window is now, gio is not getting any younger and who knows if JG will resign. Im still willing to entertain a trade involving monahan but maybe either lessen the value a bit or add neal. Either way i feel kopitar will be massive for us

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Oof i didnt realize kopitar will be 32 before next season starts... I think a trade between monahan and kopitar shortens our window but our window is now, gio is not getting any younger and who knows if JG will resign. Im still willing to entertain a trade involving monahan but maybe either lessen the value a bit or add neal. Either way i feel kopitar will be massive for us

Kopitar would be huge for the Flames. Everything that could go wrong did; the culture, the players, the coaching staff. He had an MVP-calibre season in 17-18. He’s at the very beginning of “getting up there”, and if your window is opening, he will take you there.

I think your offer is fair, to be honest. If the Kings are just starting to get back into contention in three or four years, that is a lot of time Kopitar could be winning playoff series on another team.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
What are you looking for to move Forbort, Montréal could use help on the left side. But I dont know if he's quick enough to play our style.

We dont have a lot of good players under 23 that we could trade. Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Romanov are not going anywhere. I feel like Mete, Juulsen, Lekhonen, Brook, Ylonen, Primeau would be an over payment.

I would like to keep Evans, Vedjemo, Mcshane, Hillis, Ikonen, Olofsson, Harris.

Wé are not giving 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks for Forbort.

So I don't know if we have any assets that you could consider. Wé have Hudon (24) and Reilly (25) that we could trade.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
What are you looking for to move Forbort, Montréal could use help on the left side. But I dont know if he's quick enough to play our style.

We dont have a lot of good players under 23 that we could trade. Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Romanov are not going anywhere. I feel like Mete, Juulsen, Lekhonen, Brook, Ylonen, Primeau would be an over payment.

So I don't know if we have any assets that you could consider. Wé have Hudon (24) and Reilly (25) that we could trade.

so you want a top min playing defense man for scraps is what ur saying?

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018

I want this house, but the thing is I don’t want to give you money for it. Do you accept buttons or bits of string?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
so you want a top min playing defense man for scraps is what ur saying?

We know Forbort isn't good. We know he shouldn't be playing top minutes. He's a UFA after next year. He's not bringing much back. Certainly not anything good that's under 23. Trading in a hard cap league isn't that easy, and the Kings are unlikely to come out too far ahead in any deal they make for anyone on the roster that is over the age of 25. The Muzzin deal seems to be ok for now, but Forbort ain't Muzzin. At least Muzzin can give you something extra, even if he's inconsistent about doing it. Forbort is a scrap player. He's not bringing back real potential.

Reactions: Carl182

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
We know Forbort isn't good. We know he shouldn't be playing top minutes. He's a UFA after next year. He's not bringing much back. Certainly not anything good that's under 23. Trading in a hard cap league isn't that easy, and the Kings are unlikely to come out too far ahead in any deal they make for anyone on the roster that is over the age of 25. The Muzzin deal seems to be ok for now, but Forbort ain't Muzzin. At least Muzzin can give you something extra, even if he's inconsistent about doing it. Forbort is a scrap player. He's not bringing back real potential.

I disagree with he isn't that good I think he is just being over played by being with Drew. If you move him down a pairing he would be better off. With the right type of partner he would be fine. As far as value goes he would have some value. I am not saying hes a worth even a 2nd but he is would more the hudson or evans. He had a bad season who on the kings didnt.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Carter to flyers for Vorobyev. Given flyers higher end center prospects v doesn't have much of a future but they could really use a guy to hold down the spot until frost is ready. Carter can also shift to wing. Flyers can absorb the full cap given the limied term.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I disagree with he isn't that good I think he is just being over played by being with Drew. If you move him down a pairing he would be better off. With the right type of partner he would be fine. As far as value goes he would have some value. I am not saying hes a worth even a 2nd but he is would more the hudson or evans. He had a bad season who on the kings didnt.

Which is fine, but then you can't fairly use his minutes per game as a justification for a better return. I'm also not sure anyone needs Forbort for October. Might be able to squeeze more value from someone at the deadline. Assuming Forbort has a career year in a contract year, because this is his last chance to hit on a big contract in a league that is still getting faster.

Like most assets on the Kings that aren't draft picks or talented(and not injured) prospects, everything is currently working to lower trade value. Forbort is a big body, and can eat minutes without breaking down physically as a result, but the cons still outweigh the pros. That's why you hope he plays well next year, likely next to Doughty, and then sell high at the deadline.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Which is fine, but then you can't fairly use his minutes per game as a justification for a better return. I'm also not sure anyone needs Forbort for October. Might be able to squeeze more value from someone at the deadline. Assuming Forbort has a career year in a contract year, because this is his last chance to hit on a big contract in a league that is still getting faster.

Like most assets on the Kings that aren't draft picks or talented(and not injured) prospects, everything is currently working to lower trade value. Forbort is a big body, and can eat minutes without breaking down physically as a result, but the cons still outweigh the pros. That's why you hope he plays well next year, likely next to Doughty, and then sell high at the deadline.

Any team acquiring him would most likely not be getting him to play top mins. The only reason i said that he is is to establish he is playing them So that that team getting him knows what he can do in a injury situation short term. Next on value hell even on trading him where in my short post did i say i wanted to or what the return should be cause i didn't all i said was that hudson or evans would be scraps I highly doubt either would make our team.

As far as where forbort plays next year I personally hope he moves down a pair and plays with Martinez We need a more skilled defense man with drew. Clague Brickley *byram should we get him in draft or some one else with more of a offensive talent can be added.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
Any team acquiring him would most likely not be getting him to play top mins. The only reason i said that he is is to establish he is playing them So that that team getting him knows what he can do in a injury situation short term. Next on value hell even on trading him where in my short post did i say i wanted to or what the return should be cause i didn't all i said was that hudson or evans would be scraps I highly doubt either would make our team.

As far as where forbort plays next year I personally hope he moves down a pair and plays with Martinez We need a more skilled defense man with drew. Clague Brickley *byram should we get him in draft or some one else with more of a offensive talent can be added.

I'm sorry if I offended you, this is why I sas asking. I know he plays 20 mins+ a game, that he's a former first round pick and on a decent contract for next year only at +/- 2.5M. But he doesnt put up points and is not a fast skater. I don't think Montréal would part ways with the assets that you are looking for Forbort, I prefer Kulak that we got for Valiev and Taormina in comparaison.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->