Seven Round Snake Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Thanks alot for keeping an eye on things while I was gone, BD. I'm going to sim the lottery right now, and hopefully we can get the draft rolling today while the last spots fill up. Tell your friends to join.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Shane said:
Thanks alot for keeping an eye on things while I was gone, BD. I'm going to sim the lottery right now, and hopefully we can get the draft rolling today while the last spots fill up. Tell your friends to join.

Can't Wait.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Here's the order for the first round:

1. Pit ( 6.3%) - sirkraut_82
2. Stl ( 2.2%) - Prussian_Blue
3. Cgy ( 4.5%) - Alain Racette
4. Tam ( 2.4%) - Boltprospects
5. Buf ( 7.3%) - Wonder Boy
6. Atl ( 5.3%) - SPORTSMANIAC
7. NYR ( 8.3%) - Balej's Dance
8. SJS ( 3.0%) - Patty Ice XXX
9. Nsh ( 6.3%) - gamblor
10. Col ( 3.3%) - Captain Conservative
11. Edm ( 6.9%) - Seachd
12. Phx ( 7.4%) - Hedberg16
13. Tor ( 4.0%) - Puckhead
14. NJD ( 4.2%) - Lowetide
15. Ott ( 4.3%) - SensGuy
16. CBJ ( 13.6%) - Newsguyone
17. Min ( 10.5%) - Boomhower
18. NYI ( 5.9%) - JNRhockeyGURU
19. Van ( 6.3%) - Shane
20. Chi ( 13.3%) - Mac225
21. Det ( 7.7%) - Cup4Wings
22. Bos ( 8.3%) - sammy87
23. LAK ( 18.2%) - TMHUNH
24. Dal ( 11.1%) - Sabes
25. Wsh ( 12.5%) - Marshall
26. Mtl ( 14.3%) - Kirk Pedersen
27. Ana ( 33.3%) - Hercules Rockefeller
28. Car ( 50.0%) - THE GREAT ONE
29. Phi ( 50.0%) - GoLeafsGo2003
30. Fla (100.0%) - salostyle

Any teams without a GM will have their player picked by me, but I hope it doesn't come to that. I'll wait a bit before making St. Louis' pick, because with a second overall pick, they shouldn't have trouble attracting a GM. The draft will snake EVERY round.

Last edited:

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Also, I've decided that I will allow players to be traded, but only if they're under contract, or have RFA status. The rules posted should be final (except for time issues), but if I need to change any for whatever reason, you'll be given due notice.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Shane said:
Here's the order for the first round:

Any teams without a GM will have their player picked by me, but I hope it doesn't come to that. I'll wait a bit before making St. Louis' pick, because with a second overall pick, they shouldn't have trouble attracting a GM. The draft will snake EVERY round.

Heck Yea, lets get it on guys!!

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
I'll take any team you want to give me. I'd prefer SJS over St. Louis, but if you need to get this rocket started I'm game.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Lowetide said:
I'll take any team you want to give me. I'd prefer SJS over St. Louis, but if you need to get this rocket started I'm game.

Well, I posted on the STL board, so I'm sure I can get one of their fans over here with the second overall pick as bait, so I'll give that some time. We still have to wait for sirkraut_82 to come and gloat over Crosby, so we have a few minutes at least. ;) But you'll definitely have one of the teams.

petec1978*

Tampa fielding offers to trade down a couple of picks in exchange for 2nd and 3rd round selections.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Sign me up for Florida if still available...if not Philly.

Florida GM's message to fellow HF managers: If you have a Top 10 pick, preferably Top 6, feel free to make your own combination of these players/prospects/picks and your own pick + players/prospects if necessary:

Florida willing to move:

Olli Jokinen, Stephen Weiss, Niklas Hagman, Kristian Huselius, Denis Shvidki, Dany Roussin (Buffalo may interested in bringing him in to play with Sid), Branislav Mezei, Mathieu Biron, Filip Novak, #30 overall pick, #31 overall pick, Florida's 1st and 2nd rounders in 2006.

Here's my pitch for Crosby:

To Pittsburgh:

Bowmeester, Jokinen, Weiss, Horton, Krajicek, Florida's 1st round picks in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

To Florida:

Rights to the First Overall Pick and Sidney Crosby.

That's a LOT of young talent, but that's what it is going to take for Pittsburgh's GM to even pick up the phone. Too bad the Pens don't need a goalie or Luongo would be added and Bowmeester and/or Jokinen substracted.

P.S. Bowmeester, Horton, Krajicek and multiple first round picks in coming years are only being offered for Crosby. First round pick in 2006 can still be included in a package for Top 6 pick.

Last edited:

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
sirkraut_82's time has expired, and I know in the rules it says that his pick will be skipped and be allowed to be made up as soon as he's able to. Now, this would mean St. Louis is up with the second overall pick, and Crosby is still on the board. Obviously, this would not happen in real life, and so, to protect the integrity of the draft, I am going to have to add an addendum to the rules:

For the first two rounds, if you miss your pick and do not provide a list of prospects for me to select from if this happens, I will make the pick for you, based on my best estimates of rankings and team needs. Following the second round, the original ruling shall take effect.

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
with the first overall pick, the :pens are elated to select, from the quebec major junior hockey league, rimouski oceanic center SIDNEY CROSBY!!!

i'm really sorry, had a rough night last night, didn't mean to impede the draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->