Setoguchi going through a horrid slump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I think he has something like 1 pt in his last 11 games, is this considerably going to affect his draft stock to the point where he might fall off the top 30? I mean he's been (statistically speaking) pretty inconsistent all year, I think that's going to worry some scouts.

leafaholix*

Leachmeister2000 said:
I think he has something like 1 pt in his last 11 games, is this considerably going to affect his draft stock to the point where he might fall off the top 30? I mean he's been (statistically speaking) pretty inconsistent all year, I think that's going to worry some scouts.
Prior to this, the longest he went without registering a point was 2 games.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:

Depends on how he plays in the playoffs. Scouts (for good reason) love it when a player steps up his game when it counts. I'd imagine that will have a big impact on where he goes.

Another factor to consider is that in the games I've seen he hasn't been first line or first unit powerplay. Which IMO makes his point totals even more impressive. Although I don't know what percentage of games he's played on the 2nd unit.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Statistically speaking he has experienced slumps, but when it comes to effort this guy always gives his 100% night in night out so I don't think he can be called an inconsistent player. I think an inconsistent player is more in the mold of a Pavel Brendl for example who pratically doesn't show up 1 game out of 2.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:

Everybody goes through a slump when you play 70 or 80 games. The team has also been struggling the last month or so and are nowhere near 1st in their division anymore. Let's hope he snaps out of it and has a good playoff run with the Blades.

Lefty

Mar 1, 2002
Saskatoon
www.myspace.com
Just a note that he has also been injured in the past while. I know he missed a game or two a week or so ago. He does usually show up for games though. He just doesn't always have the points to show for it. I'll be seeing him play twice in the next week and a half, so I will be able to better judge how he is playing.

I do agree that he will likely drop 5-10 spots in the draft if he doesn't pick up his play come playoff time.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
After speaking with a friend of the family, there are issues emerging with the coaching staff. The whole team is in a funk. There are however, no excuses as it's a draft year.

Lefty

Mar 1, 2002
Saskatoon
www.myspace.com
Setoguchi put up 2 goals (goals 30 and 31 of the season) and an assist in a 4-3 win over Regina tonight. Hopefully this gets him back on track for the remaining games of the season and the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->