Seth Rollins injured at house show - out 6-9 months

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Everyone wants to see these younger/newer guys step it up with the tournament, or god willing have Bryan come back so I can see Vince "showing" the fans he hears them by bringing in Y2J or maybe Triple H will put himself on the active roster

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Odds are it's going to be Roman and Dean at the top IMO.

Just a question of who turns heel. I hope it's Roman. I expect Dean.

The tournament is an opportunity to start new feuds and get the mid card set going forward into TLC and beyond.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Let's not stomp on the IC Title...

The company shouldn't look to devalue those titles by doing something like that.

I don't think it devalues it, it fits Owens character.

It's all about the story telling.

You don't even need Sheamus to get the title, have some promos from guys about "If Owens doesn't want this prestigious title, then I'll fight for it blah blah blah"

If you put it on the right person, and have the story, and the matches, it doesn't matter if a character like Kevin Owens says it's not what he wants.

Give it to Bray Wyatt, Neville, Barrett. Or, have Adam Rose go back to Leo Kruger and have him take it. There's plenty of room to give it to a good superstar and build it up.

If the action of actually stomping on the title completely devalues the entire title and its history, then don't actually stomp on it.

Oct 18, 2011
Owens is not winning the title, the way the cena feud ended showed where they view him for now. The ****ed up thing is, if owens won like he should have, he'd already be a made man but it's typical wwe shortsightedness

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
with Rollins now out long term, time to give you another WWE world champion you don't want similar to Cena....here's to you Roman Reigns! don't you just WANT Roman as WWE world champ? :shakehead

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The WWE site just posted an interview with Rollins discussing the injury and his plans going forward.

from wwe.com:

rollinshurtarticle.jpg

Seth Rollins’ WWE World Heavyweight Championship reign, which began with his historic Money in the Bank contract cash-in at WrestleMania 31 and has since been heralded as being among the most memorable in the modern era, came to a sudden halt when he was injured during WWE’s tour of Dublin, Ireland this past week and was forced to vacate the title. WWE.com caught up with the former champion for an exclusive interview to see how he’s feeling just days after the injury, his thoughts on the future of the World Title at Survivor Series and how The Architect plans to rebuild.

WWE.COM: It has been a crazy few days for you, how are you feeling physically and emotionally?

ROLLINS: You know, overall, I think I’m in a pretty good spot. Physically, my knee doesn’t hurt. Like, one thing people don’t understand, a common question is, “How much pain are you in?†The ligaments don’t have nerve endings, so, that’s a good thing and a bad thing, but I don’t feel any pain, it’s just a lot of instability in the knee capsule. So, I’m doing a lot of compression to kind of reduce the swelling and stuff like that. Emotionally … could be better. Obviously it’s a tough spot to be in. I’m mostly just looking forward to getting the surgery done and getting better every day.

WWE.COM: If you could, walk us through the injury. How did it happen?

ROLLINS: Let’s see, we were in Dublin, Ireland, first night of the tour and I was in the main event. I was setting up to do something I’ve done a million times — flipping over my opponent while he was standing on the second [rope]. I landed underneath him and then picked him up for a Powerbomb. And for whatever reason, I just landed on the inside of my right foot, instead of flat with my feet and my knee gave. If you’ve seen the video, you know it looks pretty graphic. It didn’t feel as graphic though. It just felt like my knee dislocated and then kind of popped back in. So, I hustled back up and got underneath, made sure my feet were steady and delivered the Powerbomb. Then, I did a self-evaluation real quick to see what was going on. I realized my knee was pretty unstable and noticed that it felt like it was flopping around. I didn’t feel like I had a lot of control under it. I was able to move around enough to finish the match, hit a Pedigree and get the win. Afterwards, I just laid there and [tried to] figure out what was going on. Again, I wasn’t in a whole bunch of pain, I just felt like my knee wasn’t right. I wasn’t really sure of the extent of the damage until the next morning when I got the MRI.

WWE.COM: So, all of that considered, would you classify the injury as a freak accident?

ROLLINS: You know, it’s one of those things, that yeah, it’s a bit of a freak accident, but I was just talking to a friend of mine, who is a physical therapist and may be doing the work on my knee moving forward, and he kind of summed it up as a “complex accident,†as in, there are a lot of factors that led up to it and not just a freak thing, you know? And that’s just part of me going as hard as I have for as long as I have.

Full interview here: http://www.wwe.com/inside/seth-rollins-interviewed-about-knee-injury-28178565

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
It's true. If you just sit/lie down and not move, there's literally no pain at all. Hope his rehab goes a million times better than mine did.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's true. If you just sit/lie down and not move, there's literally no pain at all. Hope his rehab goes a million times better than mine did.

Third(ed).

It's when you try walking around and keep putting lots of weight on it when it starts to hurt like a *****, at least mine did since I could walk on the tear before it got to be too much.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
So the interview didn't name his opponent as Kane during the match.

Don't see why it really needs to unless they wanted to build it into the storyline.

It's a bit of a freak accident, who it happened against doesn't matter.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So the interview didn't name his opponent as Kane during the match.

Don't see why it really needs to unless they wanted to build it into the storyline.

It's a bit of a freak accident, who it happened against doesn't matter.

Yeah its not like Kane accidentally hurt him or anything either, Seth got hurt preforming a move on Kane not Kane hurting Rollins with a move he did or what ever. I really hope they don't build this into some rivalry when he gets back, oh god but I doubt they actually would unless it was against Roman or Dean or Cena or Brock.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You see it in football often, sometimes it's like a flat tire where you can't do much about it, it just happens.

It didn't hurt him, so it didn't surprise me he finished the match.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah its not like Kane accidentally hurt him or anything either, Seth got hurt preforming a move on Kane not Kane hurting Rollins with a move he did or what ever. I really hope they don't build this into some rivalry when he gets back, oh god but I doubt they actually would unless it was against Roman or Dean or Cena or Brock.

Think the point is they don't want to draw attention to Kane working shows etc as it would ruin the whole angle with the Wyatt Family.

I think there's a strong chance Kane is retired from in ring work by the time Seth comes back.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Think the point is they don't want to draw attention to Kane working shows etc as it would ruin the whole angle with the Wyatt Family.

I think there's a strong chance Kane is retired from in ring work by the time Seth comes back.

Yep, this is what I was referring to.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm kind of interested in Brock vs Rock. Thats' probably the biggest draw they could get right now, and the promos between Rock and Heyman would be great. I'd probably rather see that instead of Brock vs Roman II. Have Rock come back and challenge for the title after a promo about how Brock is unstoppable and beaten everyone or something, Idk I couldn't see Rock in/winning the rumble.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Just watched some Rollins highlights and already miss him
This is going to be a long year :(

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
He's obviously coming back face and to a huge pop. Thus...I demand the return of the blonde in his hair!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad