Seth Jones

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Talking with a trainer friend who does not follow hockey that said Seth Jones is doing some intense training, said it was NFL combine type intense.

If he becomes Shea Weber strong, he is going to be a force.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Preds said he already has gained 5 pounds of muscle already, and we have a couple months till the season. This kid is going to dominate in another couple years, he has the drive and the skill. The best thing is, he has no ceiling. We got a good one :naughty:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Also, off topic but he said most nhl players do not stay here to train. Most football players do though, many even come here just to train.

I guess it's different types of training, but NFL players are extremely fast, extremely strong,

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Also, off topic but he said most nhl players do not stay here to train. Most football players do though, many even come here just to train.

I guess it's different types of training, but NFL players are extremely fast, extremely strong,

Just guessing here, but I assume there are more hockey specific trainers and training facilities in hockey hotbed areas like the Northeast, Upper Midwest, and Canada. You can find football camps and trainers all over in the Southeast. As much as some of us love hockey (& football), you have to accept that football rules here.

Also, a lot of guys want to spend their off-season with their family or where they grew up. Didn't Jones' mother move here with him? That was the plan when he was drafted last year. So maybe he's just settling in here in Nashville.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Just guessing here, but I assume there are more hockey specific trainers and training facilities in hockey hotbed areas like the Northeast, Upper Midwest, and Canada. You can find football camps and trainers all over in the Southeast. As much as some of us love hockey (& football), you have to accept that football rules here.

Also, a lot of guys want to spend their off-season with their family or where they grew up. Didn't Jones' mother move here with him? That was the plan when he was drafted last year. So maybe he's just settling in here in Nashville.

Here's his reasoning,

"I'm leasing a house, so I don't want to go back to Dallas and waste it," he said with a laugh about his hometown.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...ashville-predators-seth-jones-stays/12905779/

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Here's his reasoning,

He's 18 or 19 right?? Maybe there's a girl here in Nashville. Don't most players have year round homes here even if they don't buy a house. I'll bet they don't have 9 month leases even if they're in a nice condo. I know he said it. Just doesn't sound reasonable to me. Again, he still a teenager, so nothing has to make sense.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
He's 18 or 19 right?? Maybe there's a girl here in Nashville. Don't most players have year round homes here even if they don't buy a house. I'll bet they don't have 9 month leases even if they're in a nice condo. I know he said it. Just doesn't sound reasonable to me. Again, he still a teenager, so nothing has to make sense.

His mother is living here with him. I think as far as he is concerned this is home now.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I could see him doing more NFL-style training to work on his strength since he already possesses very good skating, especially for his size. A lot of hockey attributes like the aforementioned skating and mobility, passing, shooting, vision, etc are things he seems to come about naturally, or are at least things he has focused on for his entire career. Now he needs to be able to use his big frame to his advantage. Putting on some weight, strength and explosiveness sounds to me like it is exactly what he needs to do to take the next step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad