News Article: Seth Jones to captain US team at Worlds

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A.K.A. Mr. -37....A K A. MR. $9.5....Seth Jones a captain? A leader? HEwho scored alk of 5 goals...not even 1 Po goal?
This is leadership by example of excellence?

He who watched picks fly into our net on hiscshifts,that guy?

U.S.A. are doomed..

Reactions: ray c

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So naturally S.Jones gets a Pp goal for U.S.A in his first game of the tournament....could not score a PP goal all season on for Hawks...in fact only scored 5 goals all season..none on the PP...

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Playing on a good team with a real coach improves a player's performance? Shocking revelation!
Thanks for quoting HF 50 forcing me to read his post (joking).
Makes me ask, why do people pretend fiddy knows his stuff?
Right way or not most PP’s run through the point and Dmen get some slap shot goals.
The Hawk PP ran through Kane on the sidewall, hoping for the cross ice to the cat, shooting himself or finding Strome, Hagel, Dach (slot guy dujour). The point man’s job was to retain the line and feed Kane.
Again, not saying that’s good or bad but that’s what it was. If 50 lacks the hockey acumen to see after 82 games why Jones had no pp goals I question his hockey intelligence.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Right way or not most PP’s run through the point and Dmen get some slap shot goals.
The Hawk PP ran through Kane on the sidewall, hoping for the cross ice to the cat, shooting himself or finding Strome, Hagel, Dach (slot guy dujour). The point man’s job was to retain the line and feed Kane.
Again, not saying that’s good or bad but that’s what it was. If 50 lacks the hockey acumen to see after 82 games why Jones had no pp goals I question his hockey intelligence.
I think this is another example of Kane being over-prioritized on the power play. Seth Jones should have been ripping shots from the point. It's at least what i was expecting when he first came here. But Jones simply may not be a goal scorer and my expectations were misplaced. He's only scored over 10 goals twice in his career.

He uses his shot to set up tips/deflections/rebounds to be cleaned up. This year with the Hawks is the 2nd highest shot total he's had in his career.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It's an outlier. Jones doesn't shoot as often as he should but you'd expect him to fluke into at least one power play goal.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
All this talk is funny, it's Kane running the PP fault and Jones needs to shoot take shots from the point or run it.

Jones wasn't at the point on this PPG... well Caleb was, and passed to Seth at the left circle.

I don't think it's really Jones's strength to play point PP#1 unit despite now being a 9mil guy. Didn't Werenski do it in Columbus over him a bunch too?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
All this talk is funny, it's Kane running the PP fault and Jones needs to shoot take shots from the point or run it.

Jones wasn't at the point on this PPG... well Caleb was, and passed to Seth at the left circle.

I don't think it's really Jones's strength to play point PP#1 unit despite now being a 9mil guy. Didn't Werenski do it in Columbus over him a bunch too?
Jones was fantastic at the point, he just doesn't shoot enough. His skating and skill turned plenty of hand grenades into extended zone time, he constantly made himself an option for the half boards to relieve pressure and could walk the line to create lanes better than anyone we've had outside of Gus' mirage of a year in a long long time.

He has a bomb of a shot. He just would defer way too often when we had traffic and or a good shooting lane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad