Injury Report: Seth Jones out 4-6 weeks

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
With Jones likely out for opening night, Murray and Werenski not 100% to start the season either. Our defense against Detroit COULD be

Nutivaara-Savard
Kukan-Clendening
Carlsson-Harrington

YIKES

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I think you mean Bob, Panarin was going to get traded regardless.
No, Bob won't get traded for anything of value no matter what. There has never been a real market for goalie trades.

I think Bob plays the whole year here, for better or worse.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
No, Bob won't get traded for anything of value no matter what. There has never been a real market for goalie trades.

I think Bob plays the whole year here, for better or worse.

If we're out of it near the deadline and we have no plans to keep him, it wouldn't make sense to hold onto him. Even if we only get a 3rd. Look at the return Ryan Miller got from the Blues in 2014 (pending UFA too), and Bob is a better goalie than he was at the time.

I agree we will keep him throughout the year if we are competitive, but if the goose is cooked by the deadline he will be traded too. Panarin, assuming they can't sign him, is a goner regardless.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
And there it is ....... Jones out 4-6 weeks with a knee injury. Vintage CBJ luck.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Can we not clutter up this thread with trade stuff? We don't even know yet how the team will play next month.

The last time Jones was out of the lineup for a long stretch was November 2016, when the club was just beginning to turn red-hot. Werenski-Savard was a dynamite pairing.

I think we might be fine with:

Werenski-Savard
Nutivaara-Clendening
Kukan-Carlsson/Harrington

I would be more pessimistic if Clendening and Kukan didn't look like two of the best players on the ice last night.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Can we not clutter up this thread with trade stuff? We don't even know yet how the team will play next month.

The last time Jones was out of the lineup for a long stretch was November 2016, when the club was just beginning to turn red-hot. Werenski-Savard was a dynamite pairing.

I think we might be fine with:

Werenski-Savard
Nutivaara-Clendening
Kukan-Carlsson/Harrington

I would be more pessimistic if Clendening and Kukan didn't look like two of the best players on the ice last night.

Well we obviously need to wait and see but there is no question in my mind that the chances for a nightmare season keep going up.

Reactions: CBJFan827

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
With Jones likely out for opening night, Murray and Werenski not 100% to start the season either. Our defense against Detroit COULD be

Nutivaara-Savard
Kukan-Clendening
Carlsson-Harrington

YIKES
At least we'll have the best D on the ice during opening night?

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Jones last shift of the game was in the 2nd period with just over 8 minutes left.
He took what looked like an innocent check while taking the puck into the Offensive zone
Looked innocent, but with boards that are cemented in,
I'm guessing that's where the injury occurred.
Looked like #8, Casey Nelson who delivered the check.

That game will be #CBJ's first, and last in Hockeyville if indeed it was the boards with no give which caused the injury.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I really hope Clendening can play well for us in Seth's absence. We're his 7th NHL team in 6 seasons, so even with a good pre-season I'm not exactly expecting much.

Get well soon, Jonesy.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Luckily I don't think the first month or so is a foreboding schedule.

Nah, it's a great schedule to start the year. Some lighter teams. The sternest test is Tampa on the 13th. If that doesn't go well, and even if it does, we'll have a lot of practice days in the break after that to tighten up systems before the divisional showdown with the Flyers. Those breaks are really helpful at the beginning of the year, like a second training camp. It's hard to tell what's really broken until you get real games, so the second opportunity is helpful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->