Seth Jones or Patrik Laine

Seth Jones or Patrik Laine

• Jones

• Laine

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
yeah i'll take the guy threatening Ovechkin for the rocket every season...I must have missed Jones threatening the Norris considering Laine was 2nd in goals was Jones 2nd in Norris votes? Laine doesn't even play top minutes yet and was 19 last season. This isn't your typical UFA 1st line winger here.

You are basically referring to Jones as a typical UFA top line defenseman... My point is there are a lot of very good wingers so the drop off is not as steep when you end up with a winger lets say at #15 in the league compared to that same drop in defenseman caliber. There are fewer defenseman close to Jones than there are wingers close to Laine. Opportunity for replacement or similar is much higher for Laine than Jones. So I would choose Jones without much hesitation.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
You are basically referring to Jones as a typical UFA top line defenseman... My point is there are a lot of very good wingers so the drop off is not as steep when you end up with a winger lets say at #15 in the league compared to that same drop in defenseman caliber. There are fewer defenseman close to Jones than there are wingers close to Laine. Opportunity for replacement or similar is much higher for Laine than Jones. So I would choose Jones without much hesitation.
there is also a lot of very good centers too...good luck finding a team that will trad them though. Laine is one of the most valuable assets in the league imo regardless of whether he is a winger or not which is funny to think that all wingers seem to have insignificant value compared to all top C and D when the guy is one of the very best at 19. I'll find a lot more comparable #1 D than I do goalscorers like Laine and none of them are anywhere near as young as 19.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Jones AINEC, like at all.

Norris callibre RH #1D aremore valuable than Richard level top line wingers.

Defence>>>>>Winger

As an Oilers fan, a Mcdavid-Laine duo would be insane. But I have to go Jones. With a dman as good and as young as Seth we would be contenders for a lonngg time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->