Seth Jones or 2014 1st round pick

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
Seth Jones is an amazing skater. I think people are going to look back on the 2013 draft as the strongest top-end talent in the last 10 years. I would take Jones over anyone in the 2014 class at this point.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Seems like when those "Combine 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 to make a top 10" thread comes out, there may not be too many from 2014 included.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Seth Jones was almost old enough to be selected in the 2012 draft. I'll take Ekblad, he's better then Jones in his own zone, Jones does have the offensive edge definitely though.

JonathanToews19clutc*

Aaron Ekblad > Seth Jones.

1st pick 2014 > Seth Jones.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Next years prospect is always > this years prospect. No point asking for who you would prefer out of Jones and Ekblad until both are established NHLers

arsmaster*

Jones is much better than Ekblad IMO.

Not close IMO.

Puck skills, skating, vision, anticipation, shot all favour Jones.

Only thing favoring Ekblad for me is his physical play.

But I'm also on record and stand by jones being the best player in the 2013 draft.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Seth Jones was almost old enough to be selected in the 2012 draft. I'll take Ekblad, he's better then Jones in his own zone, Jones does have the offensive edge definitely though.

Blows my mind when people think this is some sort of advantage. I strongly doubt being 10 months older(or whatever) is that significant. If we're talking several years, yes. Months? absolutely not.

Ace88*

I'll take Jones thank you very much. Ekblad looks good, but he's a manboy playing junior with no exciting offensive skill at the moment. Im not convinced he's better than Jones, nor would i take any forward over him.

Could change by next june, but right now, Jones is a class above the 2014 group.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Blows my mind when people think this is some sort of advantage. I strongly doubt being 10 months older(or whatever) is that significant. If we're talking several years, yes. Months? absolutely not.

Blows my mind that you think being the oldest in an age group isn't an advantage, especially at an age when a player's body is starting to reach maturity. Look at the offensive growth Dougie Hamilton and Ty Rattie experienced after their draft year.

arsmaster*

John Tavares was the oldest in his draft year. Doesn't mean he wasnt the best player.

We're talking about Ekblad here, who has had a physical maturity advantage over even OHL competition since his rookie year.

Late birthday is probably Equal to maturity advantage.

And lets just put the 4 month age difference between Jones and Ekblad in their draft seasons to bed. October to February is no different than February to June.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->